Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What speakers use NEXO, where is the prove ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuMur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by SamV SamV wrote:

Copy the logic boxes instead :D

What are Logic boxes mate?!
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 8:38pm
Some manufacturers will spend thousands on R&D to develop what they believe is the 'perfect' product. It makes sense that they will protect this as much as possible by any of the following

a. not letting anyone know what parts they use
b. getting a custom version (slightly tweaked) version of an existing product, thereby not making it off the shelf.
c. adding features that are hard/impossible to copy without spending silly money.

If I had put that amount of time and effort into making a special product, I would protect the information as much as I could.

If it were easy to copy a PS10/PS15 and get it to sound exactly the same with virtually no effort, there would be loads of box builders all over the UK doing just that and knocking them out at less than half the price of a Nexo.

I actually get quite a lot out of designing my own boxes and doing my own thing, and doing it my way,  not financially, just from the point of view of personal satisfaction.. a kind of 'I did that' type of thing

just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
StuMur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuMur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Andy Kos Andy Kos wrote:

If it were easy to copy a PS10/PS15 and get it to sound exactly the same with virtually no effort, there would be loads of box builders all over the UK doing just that and knocking them out at less than half the price of a Nexo.

I actually get quite a lot out of designing my own boxes and doing my own thing, and doing it my way,  not financially, just from the point of view of personal satisfaction.. a kind of 'I did that' type of thing

Yes - of course. I'd enjoy the Nexo copy challenge though, for reasons you've mentioned - would just be fun. But 'copy the logic boxes instead' - I have no idea what that means?

Edited by StuMur - 16 March 2016 at 8:47pm
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 9:00pm
Logic is another brand.

I would suggest the best way to go about it is to use an existing box as inspiration, and then do your own version of it.

Direct copying is often frowned upon.

StuMur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuMur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 9:14pm

Direct copying is often frowned upon.

Lol. Exactly the reason I came to this vast knowledge-base of frowning..! Thanks Andy.. pleased you might think I'm actually skilled enough to rip off a Nexo box. Hug
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 9:20pm
I dont think anyone would be willing to confirm all of the drivers listed are correct, I happen to know some are, but Im not in the business of divulging this.

B&C make some VERY good drivers, if you buy some of those B&C drivers, and put them in a box, and then play around with EQ and an active crossover to get the sound you like you will find:

a. you will learn something
b. you will be pleased with your success when you get it to sound how YOU like it to

StuMur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuMur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 9:22pm

I dont think anyone would be willing to confirm all of the drivers listed are correct, I happen to know some are, but Im not in the business of divulging this.

B&C make some VERY good drivers, if you buy some of those B&C drivers, and put them in a box, and then play around with EQ and an active crossover to get the sound you like you will find:

a. you will learn something
b. you will be pleased with your success when you get it to sound how YOU like it to

Cheers mate. Appreciated.
Battered View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Battered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2016 at 12:36am

As you can see, I infringed on a copyright and built myself a steaming turd. I believe I captured perfectly the 'Norfolk Red' in all its glory..............

Touching cloth at 200 mph
StuMur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuMur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2016 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Battered Battered wrote:

As you can see, I infringed on a copyright and built myself a steaming turd. I believe I captured perfectly the 'Norfolk Red' in all its glory..............

No copyright infringement there mate - looks like an original - built fresh too..

Edited by StuMur - 17 March 2016 at 1:00am
Battered View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Battered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2016 at 1:37am
Originally posted by StuMur StuMur wrote:

No copyright infringement there mate - looks like an original - built fresh too..

pmsl

This was my inspiration, the hallowed 'Norfolk Red'...............from the 'SoundLAB Shitter' range.

Believe me, it looks far better than it sounds. Make of that what you will. Dead

Touching cloth at 200 mph
StuMur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuMur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2016 at 6:43am
Originally posted by Battered Battered wrote:

This was my inspiration, the hallowed 'Norfolk Red'...............from the 'SoundLAB Shitter' range. Believe me, it looks far better than it sounds. Make of that what you will. Dead

Don't worry mate - my opinion of you remains steadfastly unchanged from your first post.. ;-)
stamatis34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stamatis34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2019 at 10:49pm
For the Nexo Ps15, Ps15 bass,Alpha B1 the correct driver is the PHL B38-6030 & 6090!
The reason is that the voice coil is 4 inch and not 3 inch! nominal power for all are 1000-1200w and not 500w
Also if you calculate the 5021 94db & 500w you will end up really far from the spl nexo is presenting (134 for ps 15 and 140 for the hornload B1 +6db peak)
I own those cabins and i have performed reconing to them
Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>