Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pd 1850 tuned lower?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 6:52pm
errrr bl on the void is closer to 34.88 i believe and the fs is 34 point something hz and is the pd1850 realy got a qms of 15+???? got to be a typo surely?
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
prestigedjsdk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prestigedjsdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 6:56pm
Well I have to apologies to you all.
I HAVE the cubo 18 ext with pd 1850´s in them.
But i did not think they went down deep enough. Lots of spl but not very deep.
And I know that "tuning"/modifying a horn is making a completely new box, but what i meant was if I could get the same kind of sol and throw from the pd´s just lower.
But what i have found this afternoon is that error was in amp rack.
I drove the 2 cubo´s with a brigded crown ma 2400 which should enough power for them, and I have asked on other (danish) forums who said power would not change the sound only volume.
BUT today i installed my newly bought crown ma5000vz instead, I only drove the 2 cubos in stereo mode 3/4 on the throttle knobs and I did not even get to 0 db on the mixer because the sound was REALLY loud. This test was only done i my garage so it is not that reliable, BUT I have however done that test to all my speakers system, just for test and so, but this was clearly the loudest setup I have ever had. Not as deep as my old 4order bandpass double 18´s but the spl on the whole scale more then makes good for that. So I guess the saw is gonna make another couple of cubo´s soon and then I have 2 more blown pd 1850 which need new cardboard and then I am ready to make some noise.
Should i go stereo or parallel mono then on the crown?
But I am sorry for my earlier posts, I did not think the bigger amp would that much difference.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prestigedjsdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 7:00pm
a stack of 6 1850 horns is WAY overkill for my events
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 7:12pm
if you only want singles a side, and you're not happy with cubo extendeds with pd1850s, then you want reflex boxes with modern drivers in them probably. pd1850 is not what you need it seems.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 7:26pm
might not be the extra power you might ave made a cabling error [usualy you would wire the cable differently when running in sterio channels and in bridge] or the smaller amp may have a fault you sure one cab wasnt out of phase with the other when you bridged? its a common mistake :P glad your getting it sorted tho :-]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prestigedjsdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 7:35pm
yes i am shire there was no phase error, testet or several times. Well the idéer was only having one cab a side. but the cubos are not bigger than most reflex boxes so i will go with 2 cubos a side soon.

Any comments on parallel mono go stereo mode? 
Seems parallel mono should give a lot more power? 
How much watt is the limit in pd 1850 cubo extended? 
Are there any diffent ways of stacking 2 a side that works better?
Geigertron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geigertron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 10:36pm
If the 1850's are 8 ohm then prob parallel mono is best, don't forget to use a LPF
http://www.crownaudio.com/media/pdf/legacy/103169.pdf

1850's can soak up at least 1.5k

I'm thinking of building the jth-18 at some point, have not had a chance to hear a cubo yet...
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Mark James Mark James wrote:

errrr bl on the void is closer to 34.88 i believe and the fs is 34 point something hz and is the pd1850 realy got a qms of 15+???? got to be a typo surely?

ooops sorry posted specs for the v1200.... changed.... specs still differ... qms of 1850 is as of the pd website, could be a typo...

Edited by bee - 09 July 2014 at 11:54pm
https://www.elements-audio.com
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by prestigedjsdk prestigedjsdk wrote:

yes i am shire there was no phase error, testet or several times. Well the idéer was only having one cab a side. but the cubos are not bigger than most reflex boxes so i will go with 2 cubos a side soon.

Any comments on parallel mono go stereo mode? 
Seems parallel mono should give a lot more power? 
How much watt is the limit in pd 1850 cubo extended? 
Are there any diffent ways of stacking 2 a side that works better?

the best I found was horn on floor, there was no gain by coupling the mouths, glad you got the cubos making proper noise....
patryk1305 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patryk1305 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 12:19am
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

ooops sorry posted specs for the v1200.... changed.... specs still differ... qms of 1850 is as of the pd website, could be a typo...

I would say there is no significant difference in spec apart from the qms.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 12:36am
Originally posted by patryk1305 patryk1305 wrote:

Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

I would say there is no significant difference in spec apart from the qms.

how do you work that out, specs differ a lot.... there are cabs I would use the v1000 over the 1850 and vice versa.....
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 11:17am
they are pretty similar but as bee said there are some apps where one as the edge usualy if one is good in a cab to the other would be providing it fits USUALY
if thats te case i would suggest getting the smaller amp checked out and check te cables you used for bridge as i said they should not be wired te same as for normal operation [im sure te ma do bridge on both channel + pins no?]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>