Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mini reggae sound

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mini reggae sound
    Posted: 10 July 2014 at 6:19pm
This is my little stack at a friends party last weekend, built it to play reggae and dub, its still evolving and I hope to upgrade my subs soon.

Reverence Sound system

erikp74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erikp74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 6:22pm
Looks great!!!
oldskool View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 6:27pm
very nice, i like your style sir, good looking stuff.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 6:31pm
Love that wood grain finish,reminds me of 70's hifi speakers. Clap
Be seeing you.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 6:37pm
nice Thumbs Up
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 6:59pm
Cheers for the comments! They are ply with a coloured varnish, ronseal medium oak. Planning to upgrade the subs and finish them the same. What do lot reckon I should do- mini scoops or reflex boxes? I'm torn Cry  LOL
Reverence Sound system

jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 7:19pm
scoops if u want that sound and pressure at a distance or reflex if u like it deep close up i use scoops when puttin our nite on and reflex in the yard !!!   Wink
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
wiz247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 7:21pm
It looks cute...Looks like it can do some damage, hence the ratchet straps Smile
Ackee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ackee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2015 at 7:42pm
Hi, 

I just stumbled across this forum as I am currently researching building a small reggae-style system, mainly for playing inside at small (100 or less) capacity venues. 

I love how your stack looks - its exactly the kind of thing I had envisaged. 

I'd love to know a little bit more about it if you don't mind sharing? How does it sound? How does it perform with other styles of music? What was the rationale behind choosing the boxes/driver sizes that you have? 

Also, did you end up choosing reflex or scoop for the subs and how did the choice work out?

I'd be grateful for any information you can offer. I am a newbie so please excuse my ignorance!

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply