Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X1 Weight???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ad-d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X1 Weight???
    Posted: 21 February 2007 at 1:25pm
Just wondering approx how much an X1 weighs, I know it'll vary depending on drivers used / wood used etc but just looking for rough estimates.

Need to move these up and down awkward steps so I know the large size isn't that ideal but if could be done I'm sure.

Would be building from ply and if we went for the C18-650EL driver as an example (would probably use this driver) approx how much would that weigh?  Would probably fit 2 or 4 metal bar handles if that makes a difference.

Anyone got any they've weighed or got a rough idea compaired to other cabs they know the weight of??

thanks
Lasse Lukkari View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 2:29pm
Birch ply is about 700kg/m3
Andrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 2:49pm
C18-650EL  net weight is 13.08kg
jeddere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeddere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 3:01pm
Just stuck mine on the bathroom scales for you:

83 kg, loaded with Void V-18
So thats 65 kg unloaded,

its 18 mm birch ply, including bracing, four steel handles, no castors.
jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Lasse Lukkari Lasse Lukkari wrote:

Birch ply is about 700kg/m3

Nice one Lasse.. just reading that post thinking thats a useful bit of info that should be here somewhere. With that and the weight of the cone you can estimate any cabs weight.
ad-d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ad-d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by jeddere jeddere wrote:

So thats 65 kg unloaded,

damn, that's much heavier than I though it would be.  Was hoping for under 50kg loaded.  65kg is a lot more than I was expecting, my old rcf cabs only weigh 53kg and they're almost as big as the x1 (74cm x 89cm x 50cm) and they're loaded with 2x 15s, a 10 and a 1 inch on rotatable wooden section, has quite a heavy thick steel grill as well, can't believe those x1s are so heavy!
jeddere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeddere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 5:42am
Looked at my cutting sheet, and with the above density the ply works out at 50 kg itself.

Fixings, handles and lots of layers of paint must make up the rest!

Take mine up a staircase that goes down round a tight right angle bend, not too easy.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 8:36am
You should think about building the letterbox version then, whilst they are longer, they are less tubby and should go round corners easier on their end.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
jeddere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeddere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 5:22pm
Yea, they aren't the most elegant looking bins,

hopefully moving out of here soon, so might be able to store it on the ground floor. 

Edited by jeddere - 22 February 2007 at 5:23pm
COWFOOT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COWFOOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2007 at 6:31pm
Remember the weight increases the later you are loading them after a gig.!!! at 5:00am they double in weight.
Alex_C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2007 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by COWFOOT COWFOOT wrote:

Remember the weight increases the later you are loading them after a gig.!!! at 5:00am they double in weight.

this also works for every cab i've had to carry out of a venue, and at 8-9am they seem to double again
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by ad-d ad-d wrote:

Originally posted by jeddere jeddere wrote:

So thats 65 kg unloaded,

damn, that's much heavier than I though it would be.  Was hoping for under 50kg loaded.  65kg is a lot more than I was expecting, my old rcf cabs only weigh 53kg and they're almost as big as the x1 (74cm x 89cm x 50cm) and they're loaded with 2x 15s, a 10 and a 1 inch on rotatable wooden section, has quite a heavy thick steel grill as well, can't believe those x1s are so heavy!

Find a suitable neo driver for the X1. And use 18mm marine ply as its lighter than birch ply.

That should weigh about 55kg ish when loaded.

Edited by Tom Umney - 17 April 2007 at 3:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply