Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - MT121..first one down,1 more to go(with pictures)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MT121..first one down,1 more to go(with pictures)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MT121..first one down,1 more to go(with pictures)
    Posted: 09 August 2014 at 8:06pm
Hello people.I though i share my work on one of the first MT121 that i have build,thanks to Pfly for sharing hes sketchup files.I have to say that the first one took me about 2 weeks to build,only couple of hours on the evening to work.It was the hardest build i have made,since all the cuts are including mitres.I brought a small saw table and made myself some helping guides and jigs to help cutting the panels,but it is far from perfect.In the end i had to cut or trim again some panels to fit.I used 15mm Baltic birch and i have to say after so much glue and screws it is rock solid.In the end i was impressed by the overall measures,bigger than a HD15 and just a bit smaller than an X1. I took some build pictures but it seems there are always not enough in the end.

I only had the time to test the drivers for now,still need to put wadding inside the chamber and my DCX is on hes way to me for now. I have PD121 and P audio SD750 on B&C ME60 Horn.Gonna try plot the cab with REW5 when the xover arrives.

P.S. under the cab is a castor board!

Edited by DanielIt - 09 August 2014 at 8:08pm
Measure twice...cut once.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2014 at 8:21pm
nice build... but... i really love your work bench! could i see another pic or two of that?

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2014 at 8:39pm
Sure,ill take some pics tomorrow,i had some spare wood and made a working table so i don't work on the ground.Also the table was the first thing to build after i got the table saw,so i tested the saw and aligned with the table on the same height to be helpfull with bigger panels.Still could use some more guides on both tables to be more easy to push bigger panels trough the saw.As you can see i marked the both tables legs on the ground with paint,as i work outside and move them inside in the night,so i get the same height everytime i work.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2014 at 8:44pm
i did wonder what the blue marks were on the floor. what saw do you have as a table saw is always a good investment.

...sorry to veer of course but its always intresting how other people manage to build boxes.

anyway, as said nice box! the second one should be faster now you know what your doing!

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 4:10am
they're a crazy box to build alright. you can't fully appreciate that till you've done them!

well done.
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 4:43am
Good table, is it sacrificial? I made similar with intention of running the saw through it, makes cutting so much easier
DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 7:42am
Originally posted by bitSmasher bitSmasher wrote:

Good table, is it sacrificial? I made similar with intention of running the saw through it, makes cutting so much easier

I did this table with exactly this intention,to be able to cut and bore from above it,but a Festool is WAY too much expensive for my budget.so instead i brought the table saw for 100 quid new and modified it a bit,made a jig at 90 degree and i can cut all mitres and angles with it.The downside is that i have to measure every piece bit by bit as i cut,i need to make some markers on the table(i think i saw the 1 meter out of paper from Ikea to glue on the table so will have to get one).
DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 9:00am
This is the Sketchup i did to build the table.If anyone need the file please let me now and will upload it.
DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 11:23am
2 photos as requested :)

DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2014 at 11:02am
Hey ! Been 3 weeks now i have finished the second MT121,but due to work did not had the time to post the pictures.I know everyone likes some building pictures so here they are .
same working table...

dont mind the barbecue....

the vacuum cleaner in the background used to draw the sawdust from the tablesaw.

Now i am building 2 more HD15 with 3 flare section.More pictures to come soon.As i work more i get more experience using the table saw and router,and i have in plan to make a router table for my router.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2014 at 11:35am
good work Thumbs Up
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Ken 17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 10:31am
how many sheets of plywood did it take for building 2 cabs and do you have a cutting list? Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>