Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

15" turbo folded horn plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hektik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 15" turbo folded horn plan
    Posted: 27 February 2007 at 2:25pm

so im told this is a turbo sound plan ,,,but what model and wot driver would suit this plan id like to use pd 156's

so has any 1 got any info on this plan
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 5:37pm
Definitely not a Turbosound plan and nothing like anything that Turbosound have made---If you want to see a Turbosound 1x15 horn plan then look at the HD15--almost an exact copy.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 6:00pm
if you want a folded horn like the one in the plans but with known origins and proven performance sellenium hb1505d1 ...... horn as compared to  dimensions are a little different.... [5ocmx75cm perhorn compared to 48cmx80 per horn for the above plan....]
not horrendously though.... just cut the hb1505 in half and make four singles.... works well 55hz<200ish hz as a bass horn.... straight foreward to build as well..........
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
ychole audio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ychole audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 7:38pm
      The sellenium design has a longer horn than the HD15 which i know will throw further.Do u think 2226 jbl will work on this????
I am ZERIEL'S dad!!!
smithshorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithshorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2007 at 4:26pm
I think you'll find the plans for this in their entirety, with all the dimensions for the cabinet pieces at the Visaton web-site. Look for the Visaton MB 115B, or do a Google search. The site is in German, but can be translated. No guarantee it's still there, but that's where I got the plans and info about a year back.

Edited by smithshorn - 04 March 2007 at 4:28pm
pope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2007 at 6:33am
Found it!

audiotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 3:08am
This is  a plan from Visaton page for their BGS 40 speaker.
craigjohnson84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craigjohnson84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2011 at 1:21am
Has anyone tried this horn out with any drivers yet? What results did you get?
Cheers.
andresc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andresc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 8:26am
hi there, well im about to build one to use it in car audio, with a 12" subwoofer, add me on skype, ill tell you what happens, what are u planing to do with the box?

tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 9:56pm
Looks nice, someone must have built it! Any tests? SPL-measurements / sims?
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2011 at 11:43am
I've built the cab just waiting/looking for new drivers to load with... Here is the original design and a graph - http://www.visaton.de/en/bauvorschlaege/musiker/mb115_b/index.html

Anyone think of good drivers to load with?
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2011 at 12:20pm
nice one. it's not the same as the turbos the thread was originally about though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>