Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOG Scoop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 63>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jngggggggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 10:03pm
i love the hogs and how they look but I need something that can preferably go to 30hz flat.
does anyone have or can mod the hog plan to achieve this? $ is possible - need plans as I am not in the UK..
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 10:21pm
Search othorn
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 12:17am
Originally posted by gen0me gen0me wrote:

Search othorn
+1
jngggggggg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jngggggggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 12:50am
I am aware of the othorn but it just doesn't excite me visually.. Sorry it's not the best excuse but just my opinion
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by jngggggggg jngggggggg wrote:

I am aware of the othorn but it just doesn't excite me visually.. Sorry it's not the best excuse but just my opinion

The thing is, 30Hz is starting to get properly low, and as you go lower the physics involved increasingly takes over and defines what you can and cannot do.

If 30Hz really is a priority, visuals will pretty much take a back seat.

Of course, for any horn based system, you have a bit of leeway with things like mouth bracing.
SpeakerFreaker0181 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpeakerFreaker0181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2017 at 6:31pm
I have built 2 hog scoops and loaded them with PD1850's. I use a Crown Macrotech 3600vz amp and Xilica xp4080 DSP.

However, when I turn up the volume they start to ramble. I have tried to resolve this issue but I can't seem to find the cause. 

Does anybody have some advice on how to resolve this issue? 
It's all about the bass!
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2017 at 6:43pm
Are you sure the build is solid? Can you feel panels vibrating a lot?

The rumble is either coming from the cab or the driver, but more likely the cab. What steps did you take to try and isolate the issue? Is it identical on both bins?

You should try clamping/weighting all the outer panels and any inner panels you can reach one by one to see if it changes anything. A/B with both cabs so you can pick up subtle differences, then you'll know if you're on the right track.

Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2017 at 6:59pm
Pull the cab apart and start from the beginning,glue clumps and screws,
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
tom thumb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom thumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 1:19pm
hi all. im going to give it a bash at making a hog scoop. im nearly all set to go but one question i have is do the panels need to fit into rebated sides or can you cut them at 600?
thanks
KingGwarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingGwarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by tom thumb tom thumb wrote:

hi all. im going to give it a bash at making a hog scoop. im nearly all set to go but one question i have is do the panels need to fit into rebated sides or can you cut them at 600?
thanks

I've seen non-rebated hogs done like that....it's about the added strength though so if I were to do it at 600/not rebated I think I'd leave the screws in too...and use strong glue (e.g. expanding pu).

Hopefully someone who's done it before may shed some light :) 

Good luck!

Edited by KingGwarn - 19 December 2017 at 1:30pm
Soundman inna Brighton town
King Gwarn Sound System
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by SpeakerFreaker0181 SpeakerFreaker0181 wrote:

I have built 2 hog scoops and loaded them with PD1850's. I use a Crown Macrotech 3600vz amp and Xilica xp4080 DSP.

However, when I turn up the volume they start to ramble. I have tried to resolve this issue but I can't seem to find the cause. 

Does anybody have some advice on how to resolve this issue? 

Out of interest are they double braced throughout? Or single through the middle. And is every baffle braced?  

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 19 December 2017 at 1:36pm
tom thumb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom thumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by KingGwarn KingGwarn wrote:

Originally posted by tom thumb tom thumb wrote:

thanks

I've seen non-rebated hogs done like that....it's about the added strength though so if I were to do it at 600/not rebated I think I'd leave the screws in too...and use strong glue (e.g. expanding pu).

Hopefully someone who's done it before may shed some light :) 

Good luck!

thanks kinggwarn il try this way first i think
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 63>