Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOG Scoop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 63>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djtecthreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 12:13am
I sent both B-Hive and PASUB E-mails for quotes, my problem is price and availability in the US.   Not looking to spend a lot on drivers as i'm sure these scoops will catch a beating with the typical hip-hop music pumping through them.

I have 1200+W per cab for these.
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 10:43am
Originally posted by djtecthreat djtecthreat wrote:

I sent both B-Hive and PASUB E-mails for quotes, my problem is price and availability in the US.   Not looking to spend a lot on drivers as i'm sure these scoops will catch a beating with the typical hip-hop music pumping through them.

I have 1200+W per cab for these.

Techthreat - get on FSP - we have a topic running on PASUB (pricings on the thread). Have looked at the T/S and they seem suitable for a hog.
Away on extended leave.
Dj Maca Roots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj Maca Roots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 3:54pm
Stipe said the Omega Pro will work fine. 
I'm going to give it a try.

Can't Stop Jah Music
djtecthreat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djtecthreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 8:50pm
I have 2 Omega's on order anyway, So maybe I will build a Hog out of MDF and try it,  worst i loose is $30 in mdf and screws/glue.
Marios View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 7:42pm
We took ours out  for the first time last night. They sound great!!! 1850 loaded. I'll get some pics up later. 

Edited by Marios - 25 October 2008 at 7:42pm
MGS Productions
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 4:15pm

yesterday i finished first one, its b&c tbx loaded, even at low volume the neighbours complained, thats the first time it happens and i built and tested every cab in the garden (2x18", 18", 15" reflexes)...sound is great, everything vibrates but the bass line is clear and detailed, cant wait to finish 2nd, and 3rd, and 4th...

first hog inna italy!
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 4:20pm
Pictures please!
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
another View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote another Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by king david king david wrote:

first hog inna italy!

wicked!!! non vedo l'ora di sentirlo.... big up!
any pics yet?
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 10:25am
Originally posted by another another wrote:

first hog inna italy!

any pics yet?

ah ah ah i did about 20pics...but in the chaos of my xlr-speakon-jack cables, cant find the one needed to download the pics to the p.c.Cry
i will make better pics of the 2nd i build

Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 10:13pm

Originally posted by another another wrote:

first hog inna italy!

any pics yet?

ah ah ah i did about 20pics...but in the chaos of my xlr-speakon-jack cables, cant find the one needed to download the pics to the p.c.Cry
i will make better pics of the 2nd i build

lol lol what camera it that ? that uses xlr-speakon-jack cables Big smileLOL
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
sheffield-junglist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheffield-junglist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 12:01am
Gunna build a couple of these soon, should be gettin a couple of drivers for Xmas! Ma mate who gave me the plans for these in a print-out said that it would be a decent idea to cut the back, bottom section out behind the scoop and fit some casters in that would be flush with the bottom of the box because then all you'd have to do to shift it is tilt it backwards and push/pullSmile Coz I bet these cabs are RETE heavy.
Nice plans but speakerplans seems to have deleted themConfused

Avent been on ere for ages but I'm gunna start again so you'll be hearin a lot more from meWink

I'll post some pics of the hogs when theyr built but it won't be for a while yet. Probably about 3/4 weeks after Xmas coz I've got college n all

studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 3:13am
i'll race yer :)
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 63>