Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOG Scoop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 63>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheffield-junglist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 3:17pm
yeh Dan you didn't look too well in the car! . Enjoyed your set Autograff by the way. Yeah marks hogs are very very nice. Were chattin to him on friday and we realised that Im buildin 2 hogs around febuary time and hes gettin another 2 around the same time and I think you can tell the rest. Imagine the bass on Friday at ssh times 2 (Well probably won't be usin the 18inch things shush has got that he stuck onto the end for kick)!!!! Will be absolutely rediculous! Still can't believe a fuse blew after descendant were goin for about  2 minits tho, unlucky!

Hogs definately lived up to the hype in my opinion anyway. Good night!

Edited by sheffield-junglist - 15 December 2008 at 3:21pm

BASSWARRIOR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSWARRIOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 4:25pm
what are the best drivers for hogs?
big up to all the sound junkies like me. love my addiction, hope they don't find a cure.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by sKs01 sKs01 wrote:

expirience of 4 hogs in the lock up however was quite ridiculous, did show me something though its an entirley diferent sound to a traditional scoop, cleaner admitedly but you loose the 40Hz insanity of some cabs.

Shocked  ?

Could you enlarge upon that SK?

40-50hz is where "most" of the action is these days, and 40-50 from 4x RX1850s is like a wall falling on top off you.
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 11:02pm
it may be an effect of the clean sound of the v 1200 but the 4 of those in a room no bigger than a shipping container the lows on some of the roots i played just didn't seem to work as ridiculously as they shouldve been in my opinion.

comparative to some of the silly lows from some of the dubstep being played im going to have to look into the differences sound as it might make me take a fair old rethink on the low end front, the loss of a spike at 40 is my guess for a start but im sure theirs other factors other that the tuning frequency at play maybe just me.

akid will be having another play around on Friday i might try and get a side by side test against a jbl scoop loaded with a borrowed v 1200 for comparison though it depends how keen akid is on fiddling with his rig either that or compared to the sound of one of my 15's (not power testing just for overall impression of the noise).
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
smithers View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 12:17am
be warned though, scoops need a certain amount of room to breathe,
on first testing in a small soundproof room i was not impressed either,
put them in a good size room and watch them shake drinks off the bar.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 12:22am

get a proper driver, then the fun begins

i have tested all the drivers in the hog

the v1200 aint saying nothing

pd1850 rocks the show, accept no substitute
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 2:08am
it was on the roots that it didn't impress me much the dubstep it loved but it just didn't thrill me for dub my eyes could nearly focus properly some of the time LOL.

driver is clear factor, need to find someone in Sheffield with spares... the modeling ive done suggested 1850 should be a bit pokier higher up (40+ rather than lower) as would a turbomax but you do get a bit loose some of the nice cleanliness of the v1200

so we shall have to have a gander once theirs some to borrow or some spare cash. my plan was always to experiment with akids before i made my mind up about how to upgrade the bass end of things for my system. whether he knew that or not lol.
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 2:21am
you know the tinnitus/dangernoise boys down the road have some 1850s we could probably borrow :)
and aren't akid's v18-1000's?
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 2:26am
ah ha, perfect.

v1200's the boxes are fairly understated though, and we've got some v1000 boxes from some of my 186's lying around.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 9:23am
v1000 is just as good as the pd1850

got more at 60 hz

pd has more at 33hz
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 11:43am
So the testing was done in a shipping container? Did you factor in room gain and reflections? How far were you stood away from the stack - did you gauge one wavelength away and test there?
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 11:54am
Originally posted by sKs01 sKs01 wrote:

ah ha, perfect.

v1200's the boxes are fairly understated though,  around.

Definitely.

They are middish BL drivers, so you wont get that 35-45 Spike, you get from high BL drivers like PD1850, V18-1000, Turbomax 1200.

However, you get very flat response from 45-100'ish, so with bit of eq, you could quite easily get away with no kick bins, and cross into mid tops around 140'ish.  EDIT: "In terms of regular scoops".

Edited by levyte357 - 16 December 2008 at 12:29pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 63>