Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOG Scoop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 63>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 10:42am
do someone tested hogs with a low qts driver? not only pd1850 or void1k

Edited by bitzo - 18 March 2009 at 11:54am
Akid-sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akid-sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 1:46pm
hi, yeah ive got v18-1200's in mine, they sound lovely. musicality wise they are warm and deep all the way down, but i will admit they dont have the eye wobbling peak at 40hz. still, with some decent eq'ing they can sound just as heavy as pd1850's  (insert massive disagreement here)Ouch and withouit ive heard they sound nice on bands.

id like to know if anyone has tried the turbomax in the hog. needs to be a bit more testing to work out best drivers for best usages in this scoop.
here piggy piggy piggy......
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

But 30HPF is nice in doors.. Doing that right now. LOL

Got the limiter on 0db mind.

Neigbours downstairs will probably think its the washing machine. LOL
washing machine is 50hz isn't itLOL

Nah mate, spin cycle will definetly send 20hz thru floors. Embarrassed
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Akid-sound Akid-sound wrote:

hi, yeah ive got v18-1200's in mine, they sound lovely. musicality wise they are warm and deep all the way down, but i will admit they dont have the eye wobbling peak at 40hz. still, with some decent eq'ing they can sound just as heavy as pd1850's  (insert massive disagreement here)Ouch and withouit ive heard they sound nice on bands.

id like to know if anyone has tried the turbomax in the hog. needs to be a bit more testing to work out best drivers for best usages in this scoop.

could I suggest another driver low qts-ed test? royal turbomax 1500i higher bl than pd1850
daddyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 5:31pm
Hello HOG  friends.We work already 1 years with 8 HOG Scoops (4 per side) and 4 there such satellites.

The sound is produced which is incredible for us, HOG Scoop is one of the best bass box for live music, which we works ( if you have an active 4 way system ) .We sound rock, pop concerts and all the musicians after the concert  say that the  bass is magnificent .
Does anyone have a graphic or spectral characteristics of the HOG Scoops?

Best Regards from DMSound Bulgaria !
daddyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 5:32pm
In our HOG Scoops has a B & C 18 TBX 100
Dj Maca Roots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj Maca Roots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 7:09pm
Thanks for the info.
Is that the top box you use? Looks like it would work good. 
Can't Stop Jah Music
Dave Hughes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Hughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 11:42pm
Plans don't come up...could you send me a copy at dlhughes001@juno.com?
I'd appreciate it greatly!
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 11:46pm

Go back to page 46

It's everything, not everythink!
Akid-sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akid-sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2009 at 5:00pm
quick ask.................anyone with a new turbomax 1500 in the north?? would love to test it in a hog. please get in touch. if down south i am prepared to drive, just not like london or anything, too far, too angry, too southern. 
here piggy piggy piggy......
Dj Maca Roots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj Maca Roots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2009 at 1:46am
Any Jungle Sounds out there running the H.O.G. Scoop? I'm not sure what to build mini scoops, Full scoops or H.O.G
My only experience has been with 2 Mackie Fussion systems and the KV2 we use now.
Thanks every one
Can't Stop Jah Music
sheffield-junglist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheffield-junglist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2009 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Dj Maca Roots Dj Maca Roots wrote:

Any Jungle Sounds out there running the H.O.G. Scoop? I'm not sure what to build mini scoops, Full scoops or H.O.G
My only experience has been with 2 Mackie Fussion systems and the KV2 we use now.
Thanks every one

As soon as ours are built then I'll be playin plenty of jungle through em. I'll let you know how they sound. We're buying the wood this weekend so they should be done in the next couple of months.
I imagine they will sound good with jungle. Especially with a couple of 1850'sBig smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 63>