Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOG Scoop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 63>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2019 at 11:23pm
Everything works in a hog just depends what kind of sound are you after and how loud , that one should go low and slow LOL. How loud before it cant take it anymore i dont know, the low weight is personally off-putting to me .
If youre dead set on RCF the LF18X451 should give you a bit faster and louder sub .

sushi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sushi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2019 at 11:56am
I'm basically set on Rcf cause i'm in italy and rcf is the best you can get with the less money.. Eighteensound as well, even if it is generally more expensive (but loud as f**k)
I already have Rcf 18" basses and Eighteensound 12" mids, and i'm quite satisfied by theese brands.
The hog plan talks about the 18LW1400, but i would like to find something that goes lower and louder.. so i'm looking for similar T&S parameters, lower freq, and high sensibility/power: by now the more actractive to me seem to be Rcf's LF18X401 and L18P400 (that seems to be the L18P300 upgrade).
LF18x451 seems cool and has a stronger magnet, but not that low freq.. plus it costs like 100€ more than the others...

I usually play techno and drumnbass, sometimes hardcore and crossbreed: someone may say that my RCF ESW1018 are loud and low enough for that.. but i would like to use them as bassbins and have proper subs to handle freq below 80hz, also considering that i'm going to rent the soundsystem for every kind of music event.
I know scoops are slow sounding bins and this is not the best for fast electronic dance music, and i've also been thinking about building SBH118 instead of hogs, but i really like how hogs sound.. plus, the rest of my rig are all bassreflex bins already.

Edited by sushi - 22 December 2019 at 2:35pm
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2019 at 4:33pm
My hogs are equipped w/ LF18x400, it works.  Slow, warm and pretty low and good amount of SPL too. Not the best driver for my taste but ok!

401 seems to be newer version possibly.

Matty309 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matty309 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2020 at 12:37am
Hi,

Does anyone know what the oberton 18xb1301 would be like in a hog? It's got quite a low bl but has the same SPL when simmed as a void v8-1000 with better 35hz output then the void. The void seems to have s bump of 2 dB at 40 Hz then drops off faster.

Any thoughts ?
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2020 at 5:52am
It's pretty close to Fane 18SB, which I have tested and it works pretty well.  That oberton might actually do even better.

BL of  almost 27 is fair amount, Qts 0.3, Vas 172 lites, 12mm xmax.. all good specs for HOG!

Edited by Tonskulus - 06 February 2020 at 5:53am
Matty309 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matty309 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2020 at 10:53am
people say the void can sound clean but a bit "harsh" would a lower driver sound smoother? im will be mostly playing DnB and garage and hard trance/psytrance. what would you recommend between the two?

after simulating the oberton and void. and modelling using the lossy le the voids response sortof turn into the original obertons response and the obertons response begins to falls off earlier at about 40hz, is the lossy le model accurate in the hog with these drivers does anyone know?

thanks 

Edited by Matty309 - 06 February 2020 at 10:56am
Matty309 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matty309 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2020 at 10:59am
does anyone actually know the correct input parameters for the hog scoop for hornresp, im seeing all sorts online and every single one is different !?

thanks
ZuluSwarmSoundSystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZuluSwarmSoundSystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2020 at 1:05am
Give thanks for the mention. The sound system in the video is my sound... Zulu Swarm. From LeedsBig smile
sam012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2022 at 12:07am
Hate to be that guy but ideally what's the best driver I could get for hogs in the UK?

I will trawl this long thread in the meantime - I'm at a loss as to what to buy.

I don't really like the idea of buying obsolete drivers no longer in production and would prefer to just rebuy parts with ease as and when.
lawbadman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lawbadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 3:59am
Hello guys,
Question...
How have you EQed your Hogs?
I notice I dont get a lot of deep bass unless I boost 30Hz by about 7dB (using 18LW2400). Anyone experience this? How do you guys EQ?

Thanks
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 9:04am
Its not the best design for the lows. Personally i'd open up the throat abit more
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
Matty309 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matty309 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 10:21am
I used to eq my hogs about 35hz as well. Like you said they seem to lack in that range. I've recently swapped my 4hogs for 4 double 18s loaded with 18tbx100 subs and I'm much more satisfied with the result. 

Hogs are good don't get me wrong but they lacked something. When I was stood next to a hog or a double 18 the bass from the double 18 would surrounded you and fell more full which is what I preferred when compared to the hog.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 63>