Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tannoy iQ18B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkyparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 10:20am
I've now found a better picture of the IQ10

Edited by funkyparrot - 21 February 2018 at 10:21am
jcsb36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcsb36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2018 at 9:29pm
One of the companies I sub contract too sent me to change some drivers in the tannoy 18” reflex boxes, can’t remember the model. They paid £300 each plus VAT and delivery from tannoy, so who knows how much the client paid and the drivers where Fane 18xb. The boxes had a tannoy sticker put on top of the label but they where just standard colossus. So I know they where using colossus too.
Djdarch View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djdarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2018 at 9:27pm
I dont think they are xb mate but more like colossus 18B 600. the cone wouldn't have been ribbed.

Natedub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2018 at 9:11pm
Those drivers are definately Fane but as djarch suggested they are not xb due to smooth not ribbed cone. They appear visually to be the same as the 450w fane unit used in the funktion one f218 which wouldnt be suprising given the design links between funktion one research and the tannoy iq range.
meeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2018 at 2:21pm
Hello there,

I have 8 of those original Tannoy IQ18B drivers. I think 6 are from the last production batch in 2005. The other 4 I'm not sure. 
They are at work at the moment, but I'm going to change them for neodymium drivers in the next month. 

If anyone is interested buying them, just let me know -> at.sounddream@gmail.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12