Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Look who's been a busy boy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2014 at 11:04am
How many have you built?
Kryptonik Sound Kollective

www.facebook.com/kryptoniksoundkollective
C-Audiofreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2014 at 1:10pm
Built 1 and got to assemble the other one but have cut the panels eventually I will build four of them and then 8 hd15 cabs to do kick bass

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2014 at 1:15pm
For mid tops I'm going to build four x15 cabs as they are easy to build
Adam_Iron_Horse View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2014 at 2:38pm
Whats the specs of the c-audio sr707 again?

I have a feeling they might be a little underpowered for the V1000s if your going by 1.5/2x the RMS for amp power so you have decent head room
Kryptonik Sound Kollective

www.facebook.com/kryptoniksoundkollective
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2014 at 6:14pm
  The sr707 I think is about 1000w per channel into 4r and about 2500w into 4r bridge so should power a single x1 very nicely indeed in bridge mode, a pair into 4r bridge shouldn't be a problem but it will get hot so make sure its clean and the fans are working (I lost an xr3801 one night because of a dodgy fan). When you've got the four x1s built I would then probably upgrade to something a bit more powerful and the use the sr707 to power your kicks (or get another one!)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 9:52pm
Since posting this thread I have a second SR707 and three more coming later in the year that should see the sub and kick section so with four X1's four es18 how many mt122 cabs will be sufficient to go with them?
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2015 at 4:01pm
Just 1 per side
You can't polish a turd!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2015 at 5:20pm
Eventually cookie there will be two a side
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2015 at 5:30pm
mt122 will outrun a lot of speakers. need to have a look at the dispersion on the horn too :)
You can't polish a turd!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 8:58pm
Quick update I now have 6 SR 707's so I intend to run four of them on subs one per X1 then one on kicks and one on mids then get a SR404 to run comps 😊
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 11:23pm
  Nice! And it'll save paying for gym membership.LOL 
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by njw njw wrote:

Nice! And it'll save paying for gym membership.LOL 

Yerp.

And you won't need insurance. You'll be able to watch someone try and steal 'em, go and grab a pizza, get back and then call Officer Dibble as they'll only be twenty foot away. Exhausted.Big smile

Edited by djeddie - 20 July 2015 at 11:51pm
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>