Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mackie SRM 450 V1 Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaykaygee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mackie SRM 450 V1 Problem
    Posted: 30 October 2014 at 8:04am
Hi Guys,

I've got four SRM 450's(the original italian RCF ones) that I've been using as floor monitors since 2001 without any problems. However, the horn on one of them has now started to sporadically cut off & on again while being used. Before I start contacting local repairers for quotes, I was wondering if any of the tech guys on here had come across this issue before and knew what the problem was?

Cheers,

James
SW2407 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW2407 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 8:44am
We had one came in for repair recently with a similar issue and it was identified as the amplifier chip on the HF section if I remember correctly.

The part was readily available - Farnell or RS I think.

However, another one came in with the HF section down. In this one, the amp chip was down, but on further inspection a good section of the PSU had went down and took the chip out.  I sourced a new module, but repair cost was greater than replacement value.

SW
alandav123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alandav123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2014 at 12:02pm
To SW2407.......sorryfor contacting you but Im running out of ideas.... one of my mackie srm 450 V1 cabs in not working properly. I swapped the chassis over into my working srm 450 and its defo the chassis thats the problem not the speakers. 
The volume pot does nothing until it gets to about 3/4 way round then even at full round the sound is quiet and very weak.
The chassis mounted fuse is intact and working.....
I might be wrong but it seesm you work in a repair shop, could you either have a look at it or recommend a reputable place that I could send the chassis to? I have spent the whole morning chasing my own tail and no one seems to be knowledgable but are happy to quote silly money simply to have a look see.

Regards Alan Davidson
Arbroath 
Scotland
07981608670 Mobile.
 Post Reply Post Reply