FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spot the deliberate mistake

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2022 at 4:53pm
Bears an uncanny resemblance to the innards of my daughter's old laptop - keyboard crud doesn't begin to describe the carnage the PC repair guy found when he opened it up.
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2022 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

Cloud VX-A4.

'It's been serviced regularly every 12 years.'

After or before Christ? LOLLOL
EmPro Audio
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2022 at 4:00pm
Cloud VX-A4.

'It's been serviced regularly every 12 years.'

Kevin

North Staffordshire

EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Andylaser Andylaser wrote:

Knowing those old BK amps, something very easy to fix.

Indeed,10min if you have the parts you need,the hard part is that you need to remove the module out of the case if you need to change parts as no acces underneath because all the body case is basically heatsink for the mosfets,and that takes time LOLLOL

Edited by EmPro - 28 May 2022 at 2:55pm
EmPro Audio
Andylaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andylaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 2:39pm
Knowing those old BK amps, something very easy to fix.
"music so loud, that if we move in next door to you; your lawn will die" - Lemmy
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 8:55pm
i changed the capacitors from old LCR to new samwha,remade all the solderings and added small heatsinks on the drivers as they get bloody hot in these things and make all sort of funny noise into speakers LOL,no problem since.
EmPro Audio
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 7:46pm
Quote Guess what fixed the crackling sound at high volumes

Mm..been a while with me and these things. The last nightclub client that used them is now a housing estate.

Loose fuse clips, arcing mosfets, leaky driver transistors will all make unwanted noises on these. Earlier versions with LCR capacitors can leak electrolyte underneath them and cause the pins to arc, though ISTR its less of a crackle and more of a bang.

Yours looks fairly new as it has Samwha capacitors. (all things being in perspective)
Kevin

North Staffordshire

EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 5:31pm

Guess what fixed the crackling sound at high volumes on this BK MXF200 amplifier LOL (ps: job by me)
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 5:17pm
Don't mind the psu capacitors..not a job done by me,i'll throw them away and fit new 10.000uf/100v ones as soon as i need this amp up and running at full power.
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 5:12pm

Edited by EmPro - 26 May 2022 at 5:15pm
EmPro Audio
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 4:54pm

From memory I thought both inner and outer heatsinks are aluminium, however the outer heatsinks for the TO218 sometimes had copper coloured anodising.

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 4:44pm
Str3000 is likely 20 years old now.. can't complain if it's still working surely.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>