Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spot the deliberate mistake

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 33>
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 6:09pm
Mackie?
simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 6:32pm
Looks like a Mackie amp module to me as well. Confused
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 7:20pm
Even i can spot that one... should have used a plastic bolt. 
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2020 at 11:35am
Cant believe it was made like that...some numpty has put the wrong screw back in the wrong hole there. Seen that sort of basic mistake before, especially with amplifier feet....screws too long, shorting boards out to earth etc.
Be seeing you.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2020 at 12:39pm
Yes, very stupid. I´ve seen something similar with some mobile heads - where the fixing bolt at the bottom could (and did) hit one of the boards.   Ouch

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2020 at 1:41pm
The bolts are the correct ones and of course are normally fitted through the cabinet floor, so they dont actually project much into the amp module. Unfortunately someone had put the screws back as per pic and then switched it on, the fuse was gone and a flash mark under the input board! Bizzarre.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2020 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Yes, very stupid. I've seen something similar with some mobile heads - where the fixing bolt at the bottom could (and did) hit one of the boards.   Ouch

I discovered one of these this week. Chauvet Intimidator has a threaded insert for a safety eyebolt directly below the mains IEC input. The eyebolt supplied with the light was short enough to not hit the mains contacts, but once that eyebolt was lost and a replacement fitted, the extra 5mm of thread was enough to drill through the insulation and find a live. There's plenty of space for the fixing point to have been somewhere else where there was clear space behind it, presumably the design team just didn't even consider it.
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2020 at 9:37am
Originally posted by imageoven imageoven wrote:

Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Yes, very stupid. I've seen something similar with some mobile heads - where the fixing bolt at the bottom could (and did) hit one of the boards.   Ouch

I discovered one of these this week. Chauvet Intimidator has a threaded insert for a safety eyebolt directly below the mains IEC input. The eyebolt supplied with the light was short enough to not hit the mains contacts, but once that eyebolt was lost and a replacement fitted, the extra 5mm of thread was enough to drill through the insulation and find a live. There's plenty of space for the fixing point to have been somewhere else where there was clear space behind it, presumably the design team just didn't even consider it.

Wow - that´s terrible. The one´s I saw just hit one of the control boards - not risk killing someone.  Crazy.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2020 at 10:43am
I opened an adj inno roll to find routing of all the cables is right behind the  mounting bracket and the oem mounting bracket bolt had chewed through the insulation on virtually every single one. Stupid when two tiny cable ties and a shorter bolt cost virtually nothing. 
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2020 at 4:33pm
What d'you reckon. Fire, flood or next to the mop and bucket on the beer cellar floor?

Kevin

North Staffordshire

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2020 at 4:50pm
Corrosion city! Looks 40 years old, i bet it's not though. MacroTech?
Be seeing you.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2020 at 7:13pm
Pretty grim, fortunately looks restricted mostly to the casing?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 33>