Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spot the deliberate mistake

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2021 at 9:35am
Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

out of stock until march 2022....

Ouch, that is not good!

Knock on from Ever Green still? Or CV19? Seems to be a lot of shortages across the board, both parts and assembled product, beyond the reach of Brexit's additional complications/costs.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2021 at 1:16pm
Quote Knock on from Ever Green

The virus. It's affecting stuff from the far east, or stuff made from stuff from the far east, mainly, but production in the west too. It's a global problem.

Anything with semiconductors in, and a great deal of passives too.

I currently have a number of chevin amps in for repair and my uk suppliers have run out of suitable fans, chevin being fussy about their fans due to the unusual drive circuitry. I'm having to get some from the US for the time being, I can only find a version with an error signal which are dearer than the standard ones, and they only have 12 left of those!

Kevin

North Staffordshire

APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2021 at 2:27pm
I'm having the same issues getting microcontrollers, getting estimated delivery dates of September 2022 for common AVR and pic micros.

RS now have a wondefull habit of showing stock, taking an order and then telling you they have none and it’s going to be months before they can deliver. I no longer use them unless I have no other choice.

Luckily, I've managed to get hold of a small amount of mill spec stock that should keep me going for a month or two.

Edited by APW - 24 August 2021 at 2:50pm
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2021 at 12:54pm
I've just been visiting some friends. They live in an old house, where a lot of the sockets are old style things, that only take a 2 pin 10A plug.

Before me, they had a nephew staying for a while (30-year old gaming programmer). He obviously couldn't get his PC, etc. plugged in - so instead of asking (there are adaptors available) - decided to do some DIY.

Socket wired into dodgy speaker cable!!   Dead

Now fixed.  Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 11:40am
Blown LAB FP6400.

Is all that brown stuff inside Cola, or Guiness? I'm asking for a friend.

Kevin

North Staffordshire

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 12:03pm
Copper heatsinks? Is that a Lab G?  Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 4:30pm
My STR3000H also has copper heatsinks for the TO218 outputs and aluminum ones for the TO3 output devices in the same amp lol,cannot say i'm happy with what Andy made in this amplifier...but somehow is still going strong....ps (needs to be cleaned quite often)

Edited by EmPro - 19 June 2022 at 12:24pm
EmPro Audio
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 4:44pm
Str3000 is likely 20 years old now.. can't complain if it's still working surely.
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 4:54pm

From memory I thought both inner and outer heatsinks are aluminium, however the outer heatsinks for the TO218 sometimes had copper coloured anodising.

EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 5:12pm

Edited by EmPro - 26 May 2022 at 5:15pm
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 5:17pm
Don't mind the psu capacitors..not a job done by me,i'll throw them away and fit new 10.000uf/100v ones as soon as i need this amp up and running at full power.
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 5:31pm

Guess what fixed the crackling sound at high volumes on this BK MXF200 amplifier LOL (ps: job by me)
EmPro Audio
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233>