Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spot the deliberate mistake

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2014 at 6:33pm
i found someone using a drill bit once.. 

nearly killed myself touching it at the back of his rack 
error 404
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2014 at 6:43pm
Doing an impersonation of Eric Morecambe?
Mykey Wattco
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2014 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Well, it´s been a while since I´ve seen one of these:

It´s going to be an interesting repair.  Confused  Ouch  Confused

Fцck me, I’d heard stories about that happening but never believed they were anything but apocryphal! Surely whoever does that must be shortlisting themselves for Darwin Awards Confused

Kobe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2014 at 9:59pm
manufacturer fault on a brand new from the factory Gemini PL02 PDU (clue - the whole chassis was tingly to the touch!!)
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2014 at 10:52pm
Neutral or live was connected to the Chassis? as blue wire that goes to the ground common is not going to the IEC ground pin?  Can also see a green and blue cable to the chassis earthing point if that is relevant.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2014 at 10:05am
Hmm, going on that chassis bolt earth and neutral connected there?
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2014 at 1:42pm
That´s what´s called a fatal mistake. Horrible.   Dead

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2015 at 12:04am
Maybe the person who did the PAT testing at the end of the production line had flu that day.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2015 at 12:06am
This Dynacord Powermate 1000 came from another dealer, it had been repaired by AN Other and not lasted long.

Kevin

North Staffordshire

ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2015 at 12:30am
To a first glance, it looks horrible because they've mixed devices but on second thoughts they've probably replaced the whole of one side of the bridge so it's not s bad.  However, are they all genuine OnSemi.  Or am I missing something that I can't see clearly on this size image?

On third thought, I think I can just make out a mix of 15022's and 15024's on the bottom right quadrant.
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2015 at 2:34am
One of the devices on the bottom sink looks like a fake.
djk
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2015 at 9:11am
Indeed, bit odd that the printing on that one is horizontal and the rest and vertical.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>