Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get you baby stacks out !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMH Music Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2016 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Steve20131 Steve20131 wrote:

What do those obertons sound like?  cheap for 7-8mm xmax

I am more than happy with the sound, but prior to owning one, had only heard a tham 12 once, and that did not have the original Beyma in it!! The RCF tops have a massive peak in the resistance curve between 95 and 150 Hz, so I cross over from the thams at 91 Hz, so the Thams don't really do kick, and as the RCFs are only 10 inch, the system does lack a bit of kick. I high pass the Thams at 43 Hz, 48dB LR. The sound is quite similar to a pair of 15" bins I have, loaded with JBL M-252. The reflex goes subjectively lower, but the Thams don't need as much power. Hope that helps
Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious
Steve20131 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve20131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2016 at 3:30pm
Yes it does,  I did estimate the obertons in another horn and they do model very well for their price,  the 450 especially. 

Would be easier to go 12" tops than get more cabs you think?  Maybe get back on topic...

Edited by Steve20131 - 31 January 2016 at 3:34pm
dnbpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnbpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2016 at 6:32pm
The Pick & Mix Soundsystem minirig/home HiFi

8" inch Scoops loaded with beyma 8br40/N
Double 8" inch reflex box loaded with 8br40/N
Double 4" mid box loaded with Faital 4fe35
Horn and Piezo box loaded with Eminence APT150

sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2016 at 9:13pm
Nice !!
supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2016 at 9:39am

Edited by supremesoundz - 20 May 2016 at 10:10am
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 6:54pm
Some great baby stacks here! Smile

Be seeing you.
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 10:23pm
^ Oh typical rozzers have turned up

supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 10:04am
Finally sorted out the other Volt bin and with the correct porting. Was going to invest in some grills but think I might leave it. Bring on the BBQ!

mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 3:22pm

wedding two weeks ago... pair of mf228 ohm tops and a reworked kam single 15 using a 4ohm studio spares sub driver and the Void basys amp!

more then enough for the 150ppl.
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 9:49pm
^^ As much I love huge systems that can re-arrange internal organs I also love the satisfaction of covering a lot of people with not a lot of kit, there's something very 'efficient' about it. Smile
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 10:27pm
MR228*

slight correction lol.

yes, i have to pack alot of kit into a small car so i try to get the best i can from the least amount of boxes!.

couple of UV boxes, couple of derby style boxes dmx linked and a 4way laser in the centre... should have taken a few moving heads but starting running out of space!

the 2.1 system did extremely well in a medium size hall and had a good rumble at the bottom end. from disco to garage it served me VERY well!!

im also on the look out for a second set of MR228!!
iv got a pair of Sx200 for swaps as they get very little use these days. the Sx100+s are still doing the biz in my bar so just need a second set of the OHM MR228s to stack up for slightly larger gigs.

Edited by mini-mad - 21 May 2016 at 10:33pm
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

MR228*

slight correction lol.

yes, i have to pack alot of kit into a small car so i try to get the best i can from the least amount of boxes!.

couple of UV boxes, couple of derby style boxes dmx linked and a 4way laser in the centre... should have taken a few moving heads but starting running out of space!

the 2.1 system did extremely well in a medium size hall and had a good rumble at the bottom end. from disco to garage it served me VERY well!!

im also on the look out for a second set of MR228!!
iv got a pair of Sx200 for swaps as they get very little use these days. the Sx100+s are still doing the biz in my bar so just need a second set of the OHM MR228s to stack up for slightly larger gigs.

My mate used to drive for me regularly in his mk6 Fiesta 3-door, in that we could get a pair of 15" reflex bass cabs, a pair of 12 + 1 mid tops, a 4u amp rack, dual cd player and mixer console, t bar, four or five lights and a smoke machine with me in the passenger seat with cases of cd's on my lap! Good times..Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>