Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get you baby stacks out !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Versatile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2016 at 4:50pm
It was more of an experiment tbh to see if they could be run without the sub for home use and the short answer is no.
If you are the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room....
KingGwarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingGwarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2016 at 12:20am
12" tops and 18" reflexes. Soon will have two hogs underneath and then will swap out the reflexes for some ES18s but until then they're on bass duty!

Still not quite done with the finishing but getting there.

Powered by QSC RMX 4050 and 2450

Edited by KingGwarn - 28 November 2016 at 12:22am
Soundman inna Brighton town
King Gwarn Sound System
ubersafka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersafka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 9:19am
King, are you using fanes design for the reflexes? Made the same

Finished mine couple weeks ago, waiting for clamps to arrive so I can fix grilles. 2 x 18" fane colossus 18XB, 2 x 12" fane sovereign 12-300 & 2 x 1.4" BMS 4554 compression drivers. I am thinking about adding 2 x 15" kicks but we'll see when I can afford that

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 1:20pm
^ Liking the look of these two systems above,almost like hi-end Hifi cabinets from the 70's. Good stuff.
Be seeing you.
KingGwarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingGwarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 12:17am
Originally posted by ubersafka ubersafka wrote:

King, are you using fanes design for the reflexes? Made the same

Finished mine couple weeks ago, waiting for clamps to arrive so I can fix grilles. 2 x 18" fane colossus 18XB, 2 x 12" fane sovereign 12-300 & 2 x 1.4" BMS 4554 compression drivers. I am thinking about adding 2 x 15" kicks but we'll see when I can afford that

hey man yep currently got them loaded with 18xbs doing kicks...with two hogs underneath...and the fane 2-way tops on top! love the finish on yours.

bless up

got a mate to cut me some brass crown cut outs...still need to put them on the kick bins...look sick in proper light!:

Edited by KingGwarn - 20 June 2017 at 12:23am
Soundman inna Brighton town
King Gwarn Sound System
ubersafka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersafka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2017 at 10:32am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

^ Liking the look of these two systems above,almost like hi-end Hifi cabinets from the 70's. Good stuff.

Thanks! I dislike paint,  plywood can have beautiful shapes. brown wood with black drivers is a good looking combo too.

Thats a very nice setup king, I have been daydreaming about adding scoops and transforming those fanes in to kicks aswell! but I just finished these and it will still take me a while to pay for all of this.  Maybe next summer

carlosdelondres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2017 at 10:30am
Micro battery system...dual 3" tops and dual 5" PPSL subs.

Edited by carlosdelondres - 13 October 2017 at 10:33am
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2017 at 12:55pm
That's a gorgeous little system!! I'm soooo impressed.

Can we have a little look of the build please as I wouldn't mind a set of those little tops for my bedroom...

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2017 at 1:12pm
Some demo could be nice
carlosdelondres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2017 at 8:16pm
few more pics...didn't really document it.

nice spot to build some speakers...

Dremel circle cutter used... Good for about 8 holes in 12mm ply luckily, hence ragged edges

van stereo not loud enough?

quite pleased with how it's turned out. The mid tops sound really sweet, very pleasurable listen, and the subs are -3db at 50, flat 60 to about 180.

Edited by carlosdelondres - 13 October 2017 at 8:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819