Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X10 vs mt122 what would you use to go with ES18BPH
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X10 vs mt122 what would you use to go with ES18BPH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 7:21pm
Clap

good luck and lots of joy on this journey, seriously! :)

4x x1
4x es18
4x mt121

go for it..
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 7:24pm
Thumbs UpLOL
You can't polish a turd!
C-Audiofreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 7:25pm
Who you laughing at cookie?
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 7:39pm
I'm just astounded at the level you are entering the sound system field at - without a huge amount of knowledge.
You can't polish a turd!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 7:51pm
It's more of a hobby for me than anything with a view to becoming a bit more clued up as I go the x1 cabs I've built were originaly for use below a pair of 15+10+horn and I got a lot of self satisfaction out of building them but I have several friends who are in bands and will let me practice with my pa when they jam first off before I built the 3way cabs someone advised me against building 1850 or 186 horns as these would be no good as subs so size wise I looked at the sub plans and the x1 seemed a good box to build then I decided to build on my system and did a little research on here and found that I would need a cab to go between the subs and the tops then I found out I'd need two hd's per x1 and found it would cost me loads and was advised that two es18 would be as good as four hd then I wanted some good tops so was looking on here for what to build and fancied the mt122 is there something majorly wrong with the proposed rig ?
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 8:33pm
1850's are sweet bins so whoever advised against them probably hasn't heard what damage folded horns can do (2x wsx shocked me).
Depends how much 30-45hz you want.
If you are a skilled woodworker, why don't you try building some xtro's? you mentioned 3 way mid tops....
You can't polish a turd!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 10:25pm
Yes I did look at those but the phase bung is no longer available although the horn and b&c 8" driver is strange that.
Do you think that two pairs of those would negate the need for the es18 and the mt122 ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 11:00pm
Or maybe only one pair would do I've never heard a pair is the phase bung a must?
Twiggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2014 at 6:09am
Wouldn't even consider xtros for live sound. Stick to your original plan, looks like a good combination of cabs.
Good luck!
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2014 at 6:14am
mykey on here still makes the horn for the xtro I hear...
You wouldn't need MT122 or ES18 with the Xtro correct. 
They are very expensive to build due to the fact that the driver selection is limited due to the internal spaces. but it does add some sort of value for money as it negates the need for dedicated kick bins.
You can't polish a turd!
Twiggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2014 at 8:19am
Cookie, you've gone from a page ago saying the mt122 is a tricky build to now suggesting a far more intricate and expensive build that's not even suitable to the application he wants to use his sound system for...
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2014 at 1:37pm
he said he's a master wood worker and mentioned 3 way mid tops......
You can't polish a turd!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>