FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound TFL-760H still worthy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbosound TFL-760H still worthy?
    Posted: 20 March 2024 at 6:53pm
i would think ca9 would be as much amp as you could ever possibly need for the 12s.

i have mc2 e25 on mine. never ever thought i needed more. have also used lab 1600 the odd time and yeah, rarely does it work hard.
King George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2024 at 6:15pm
Good choice of amps. 

You won’t get them anywhere near clip, these boxes are so efficient. 

Make sure you get any gunk out the HF drivers! 
B.P.Sound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.P.Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2024 at 7:01am
Keeping this thread ALIVE ! ! !  ! ! 

Ive just inherited a club(To Re-Comission & Engineer) that has 4 of these up in the roof, which Im going to strip & Service. going through this thread Ive worked how how good these are and frequencys BUT ! ! ! !  What about the power rating guys ? Need to build up an amp rack(Matching) Was thinking 2 Cabs on each side of these : CA12 On the 12's CA6 on 6.5 & CA4 for the HF. Clean signal running them just below clip. OR//// Is this tooo much ? Maybe CA9 On the 12's ? 

@EarWax Do you still have yours ?

Barry 07748 655731
http://www.londoneventrentals.co.uk/ https://www.facebook.com/LondonEventRentals
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2022 at 3:45pm
http://i.imgur.com/QMRN0nx.jpg

you can see there are different suggested delays for the 12" and the rest of the flood. the tse218 is a little different but not much to the tsw718... if you're not going to measure it all properly, this is a reasonable start at least.
Marko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2022 at 3:19pm
All components in Floodlight are physically aligned so you dont need to use signal delay.
TSE 218 you will need to measure, I would guess it will be around 2 mSec on everything in Floodlight.
Hepikuro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hepikuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2022 at 11:51pm
Hi! Im from spain!
I hace 4  tse218 and two tfl760h. The tse218 amps are qsc mx3000a and for the tfl i have one crown ma2400 for Lmf one crown ma2400 for the hmf and one crown ma600 for high. Procesor dbx260. 
I want to know delah settings and some advices :) 
I use a 4 way system. 
Tse218 for  35/150 hz
Tfl LMF 150/1'3KHZ MHF 1'3/8KHZ HIGH 8/20KHZ

dj haydn View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj haydn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2019 at 11:04am
not a bad idea... i do normally check them quick before i take them out but this is one of the only times i didnt typically... they were working fine the last time i used them so thought it would be fine, still think that the pubs shit electric is what took them out as it was the amp hooked up to them (mc2 t1000) that caused the electric to trip not the inf8 i was using on bass (with the relay mod) and was told after it happened by the bar maid they always have that problem when the local disco dave sets up for kareoke.... cheers for not mentioning it sooner lol

Edited by dj haydn - 18 August 2019 at 11:23am
contact me for booking the Earwax Sound-system
@ Earwaxsoundsystem@hotmail.co.uk
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2019 at 8:56am
Get one of these if you don’t have a test bench, never turn up on site with stuffed drivers again :)

Edited by jacethebase - 18 August 2019 at 8:57am
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
dj haydn View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj haydn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2019 at 1:45am
some pictures of what i mentioned

thats the rig with the 2 low mid sections

heres the floods that have been sprayed silver and painted funky purple like i was thinking of doing
one of the rusty 6.5s

and again

the corrosion on the comp magnets

back of the mags

dirty boards... is it ok to soak these in isopropyl?

Edited by dj haydn - 18 August 2019 at 1:55am
dj haydn View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj haydn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2019 at 12:13am
rather than start another thread i thought id post my questions on here,
If its the wrong place or better off in another thread il move it over and start again as its going to be a fairly long post, 

Im in the middle of repairing and restoring my floods and have been thinking about what i can do with them while im at it, 
Out of the 4 i have, 2 of the 12s have shifted magnets and have just been sent off for repair. 
I dropped one of the cabs a while back which is what caused one of the mags to shift and cracked the hi mid flare, my friend has repaired the crack and primed it up ready for spraying, the compression driver also got damaged when it was dropped and another slightly intermittent one randomly stopped working at some point leaving me with only a pair of fully working ones,
They have been sat around for a while not being used and when i went to use them a couple weeks back the electric tripped out when turning the amp on in the pub i was in and the comps wouldnt work meaning i had to run the 6.5s higher than i would of liked to get sone sort of highs, 
I thought the amp tripping the electric is what caused them to blow but since taking all the boxes apart i found out they have got damp at somepoint and when i tried taking apart the diaphrams they literally fell apart and the magnet/motor has corrosion on them, as well as most of the bolts and screws holding the drivers and flares together,
Iv sent all 4 magnets and comps off with the 12s to be cleaned up and  the gaps cleared and hopefully find out what caused them to fail.

I bought 2 cheap after market dh3s for something like £18 from china inc delivery and was hoping to a/b test them against a pair of the originals but obviously im not going to be able to do that now, i got a quote from the music group for some original parts and it was something like £220+vat and delivery per comp....
I see that blue aran stock a slightly different looking aftermarket dh3 for £30 but im guessing theyr the same as my china ones, does anyone have any experience with the after market ones or is the only option paying best part of 1k to get 4 from the music group?
I would happily send the pair i got to somebody to measure against some originals if they were up for doing the test i would be forever grateful...

Also a couple of the magnets on the 6.5s have gone a bit rusty, it only looks like its on the surface but whats the best way to clean them,  i was thinking a wire brush and some wd40 on a rag to wipe them over as theyr sealed from the back but i want to check i wont be damaging them further.
The 12s look like new as they were in theyr sealed bowl thing thankfully.

The flares were originally the skeletal versions and were covered in rave scum when i got them, i should have totally stripped them down then but i just gave them a quick clean and housed them in some new trap boxes and got on with using them,
While theyr all apart i want to clean all the hf protection circuits as well as all the flares ect,
I was going to soak the circuits in isopropyl alchohol over night and wash the flares with hot soapy water before painting the inside of the boxes to stop any more damp inside, will the alchohol damage any of the components? Or would it be best to use hot soapy water then rinse off under a tap before letting them completely dry and finallly rebuilding them?

I was also thinking of chopping 2 of the boxes in half, seperating the low mid from the hi hid so that i could have the option of using an extra pair or low mids under a pair of floods to get a bit more coupling and drop them to 150hz as previously mentioned in the thread, iv seen pics of a system with a extra pair of 12s under theyr floods which had all the flares and bungs painted white and it looked really unique and got me thinking if it was a good idea or not and was wondering what people thought of the idea?

While im at it im also thinking of spraying my flares and phase plugs when im getting the cracked and primed one done, as they have faded and gone a bit streaky with age as most floods have, and thought why not get them done in silver like f1 and paint the boxes in funky purple rather than the turbo  blue they currently are to make them stand out a bit more, 

One last thing, when it comes to replacing the comps can i unscrew the adapter from the flare as it looks like that is what was done on page 3 of this thread, i took them apart while they were still atached as i didnt want to damage anything any further.

What are people opinions, is it worth all the hassle? Or should i have just cut my losses and scrapped them

Edited by dj haydn - 18 August 2019 at 1:29am
kickdust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickdust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2019 at 4:14pm
anyone after floods i have 10 for sale
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2017 at 12:14pm
any one selling any of these ?
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>