Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound TFL-760H still worthy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2016 at 10:29pm
Oh thank you for the link! Didnt new that there is a driver which is quite similar to the originals. Maybe i will test this one if i blow one of mine and i will post the results. (If someone is interested i can measure the difference to the original TS)
Hvedstrup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hvedstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2016 at 7:10am
Originally posted by Moberg Moberg wrote:

Oh thank you for the link! Didnt new that there is a driver which is quite similar to the originals. Maybe i will test this one if i blow one of mine and i will post the results. (If someone is interested i can measure the difference to the original TS)

Please do! 

I seems that nobody has tested this yet, but i believe that it could be a perfect replacement. It even has the bolt through hole in the magnet for the phase plug. I will  send you a good bottle of wine for your efforts if you do the test. 
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2016 at 8:16am
Originally posted by Hvedstrup Hvedstrup wrote:

Please do! 

I seems that nobody has tested this yet, but i believe that it could be a perfect replacement. It even has the bolt through hole in the magnet for the phase plug. I will  send you a good bottle of wine for your efforts if you do the test. 

I think I have one of these from an old MACH-SLingshot if you want to do the test yourself:-)

+By the way my Aspect Rig is leaving me this week:-(
-Just too new & too fancy & too easy to rent out, having stuff that is not DIY & still in production was new to me. I sell all 4 pcs ta-500 & 4 pcs TSW for £6K, guess I could get better money in UK:-)
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
+/-3dB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote +/-3dB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2016 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Hvedstrup Hvedstrup wrote:

Please do! 

I seems that nobody has tested this yet, but i believe that it could be a perfect replacement.

Read on FB that SP member Laurin has replaced the 6,5" to a PD and the 1" to a BMS comp.
Big difference.

There is also this project

Edited by +/-3dB - 30 March 2016 at 1:18pm
Moberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2016 at 1:20pm
Haha thats funny - i am in contact with laurin and will do the test with the bms soon. But i didnt knew he had changed the 6,5inch also. And i got mine opened at the moment and sanded them and the 6,5invh looks nearly exactly like the pd (the original is also a pd).
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2016 at 1:52pm
Which BMS comp if i may know? The cd 103-s in my floods are slowly but surely failing one by one :)
+/-3dB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote +/-3dB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2016 at 2:04pm
Moberg,

Tell us what you think. Would like to try it myself someday.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2016 at 2:08pm
my comps in mine seem to need a lot of power to get them going.. as in, with a 4 channel amp, i'd often have the 6.5" drivers at -9db or so., and the comps at 0.. to get it to sound balanced to my ears..

is this a sign that the comps are fading... or that the 6.5 is just crazy efficient.. or just that my ears are dying?
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2016 at 3:30pm
I have 3 ev cd-103 in very good condition...
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2016 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

my comps in mine seem to need a lot of power to get them going.. as in, with a 4 channel amp, i'd often have the 6.5" drivers at -9db or so., and the comps at 0.. to get it to sound balanced to my ears..

is this a sign that the comps are fading... or that the 6.5 is just crazy efficient.. or just that my ears are dying?

I measured some DH3s on floodlight horns and the sensitivity was quite low, it started to roll off from about 8Khz iirc,  i think they may well be fading, i dont think its your ears :).
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2016 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by tv00 tv00 wrote:

I have 3 ev cd-103 in very good condition...

oh perchance I can purchase one from you ? please pm details

thanks
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2016 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Timebomb Timebomb wrote:

I measured some DH3s on floodlight horns and the sensitivity was quite low, it started to roll off from about 8Khz iirc,  i think they may well be fading, i dont think its your ears :).

they're high passed at 8khz heh...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>