Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X12 litres and driver recommende

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highlander_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X12 litres and driver recommende
    Posted: 24 January 2015 at 2:42pm
So if I am correct in saying that the X12's are 92.6L will this be a problem if i load them with, for instance, the PD121, as there reccomended cab size is between 20-50L? or is this ok because there are two drivers? or can someone point me in the direction of some good 12" drivers to suit this cab? have heard many PD drivers before and have always been impressed with them so would like to stick with this brand
many thanks

DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2015 at 2:49pm
You're right about the 92.6l gross volume, but the drivers, horn, handles etc will eat into that a bit - the net value for modelling will be closer to 85l.
Your best bet is to model the drivers you're considering, but if you want to start narrowing them down off basic specs like the recommended volumes, then yes, you would use double the individual driver's value as there's two of them.
IMO, that particular driver won't like being in a box that big - the low Qe value in particular suggests it may be better suited to horns, or much smaller vented boxes.
HTH,
David.
stitchy View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stitchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2015 at 9:26pm
I've not long built a pair of x12's I use fane sovereign 12-300 drivers they sound ok to me, but only been played at a low level so not heard them yet to there full potential, not tried them yet with other drivers even though I've got PD123's, eminence delta 12a's and some JBL 12's to try in there as well. Adam iron horse on here from Scotland uses x12's not too sure where he is though, send him a message you might be able to get a listen to his.
highlander_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highlander_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 12:45am
cheers for the advice. have been trying to run the pd121 thru winISD but am getting reccomended enclosure values of 10l but i must be inputting something wrong. unless that is exactly what they are looking for David. guess this is the time to figure out winISD properly!! ill try this adam iron horse guy, though think i might actually know him going on his first name, it being scotland, and him having x12's
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2015 at 12:40am
low qts high fs chassis such as the PD 121 often are most flat in very small boxes.
for example, the 12ndl76 has a backchamber volume of only 22 liters in my design. it does not much below 100hz, but i dont need it to do so...
x12 looks way to big for me, i would expect some serious fullrange capability from a box that size, which wont happen due to rather small ports imo.
 Post Reply Post Reply