Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Showtec Creator 1024 Pro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Showtec Creator 1024 Pro
    Posted: 11 February 2015 at 3:46pm
Showtec Creator 1024 Pro incl. Case
Anybody with some thoughts on this desk, would it be any good ? . Looks a little like a scaled back (2 universe) pearl tiger, looks like it may also load up avolites personalities..
 I have a guy looking a lighting desk which is not to complicated to set up and operate.

cheers.

EVENT SOUND RON.
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2015 at 5:56pm
At £1.5k new I'd rather have a second hand pearl tiger, or even better a chamsys PC wing, however if it was £200 I'd give it a punt. If he plans on running any LED's then the chamsys wins hands down, the basics can be learnt with just the free software and a £12 dongle.
RONAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2015 at 9:55pm
what would be the best price or going price for a chamsys, mq40 ?
regarding Avo quartz or Mq40 which would the experts prefer or is it just a case of personal choice.
EVENT SOUND RON.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2015 at 2:01am
It wouldn't be fair to compare MQ 40 with the Quartz. MQ 40 is a seriously limited version of the MQ60 - the 40 only has four DMX outputs and no networking or artnet capabilities. It's a bit of an oddity, the only people I know who have bought the 40 are hire co's who wanted a desk to replace old school pearls in their desk range with something newer, if you were buying a desk for yourself why would you buy a seriously limited version? I find the 60 fiddly to operate compared to the full size desk or the PC or maxi wings. (Large hands / Fat fingered)

The Quartz is pretty much a Titan mobile with a computer and touch screen built in, I don't get on at all with the Titan mobile faders, key size or layout. The screen is at a fixed angle that makes the desk very bulky, deeper than flying hand luggage size. There has been a lot of issues with the way Titan licensing works, several people I know have been left with dead desks hours before their show. The avo wings don't work with all of their desks, so a tiger wing won't work with a Quartz, and a sapphire wing won't work with a tiger or Quartz.

That's the physical desk negatives, but it's all about how you get on with the software, both of which you can check out for free / cheap with the single universe dongles.
2113 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2015 at 1:24am
"several people I know have been left with dead desks hour before their show"

I understand this is an old thread, but would you care to elaborate the above statement?  I'm willing to bet it's BS.  If you want to be a Chamsys fanboy, then by all means go ahead, but don't give others false advice because of it.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2015 at 4:03pm
Ahem... You are calling me out as a fanboy? You've just joined a forum at 1am to post that!

Just one example from the Avo forum -
http://forum.avolites.com/viewtopic.php?t=3255

Plenty of other tales of Titan woes. No false advice. We own 8 Quartz, 4 Tiger touch, 2 pearl experts and are about to buy a pair of Arenas, we've stocked Avo desks since 1994, so have a little experience of them
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2015 at 4:17pm
Lol.... i think hes calling you James!

What would you know anyway!! Lol

Iv used the chamsys USB jobbie on a laptop and iv had that crap out a few times but im blaming it on an unstable USB port(s)

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2015 at 6:49pm
If it's the 3 pin £10 cheap one it's time limited, could that be your issue?
Jasonstry View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonstry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2015 at 9:34am
Might be stating the obvious, mini-mad, but watch out for the power saving on the lappy closing down your usb ports.

Down with signatures!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2015 at 3:30pm
That's easily turned off on Windows machines, any one know how to do it on a Mac?
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 6:30pm
bump... im running Chamsys [live stuff] and Freestyler [dancefloor/dj stuff], using double touchscreens etc etc. However, i really want a hardware interface, cant really get into it when im squinting at screens! Like the idea of the Chamsys wings, but their premium price tag is too much for me to justify. [amazed none of the Chinese folk have made cheap versions of USB lighting hardware yet].

anyhow, these 1024's have come into the sub £500 range cased [used], similar featureset to pearls, under half the price. Are these functional for occasional use/'low level' lighting work? The lack of pixel mapping from Chamsys would be missed but otherwise.... not something anyone i know would dream of owning haha.

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2018 at 8:04pm
never mind, just bought one anyway. see how we get on!
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>