Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

21'' HOG SCOOP desing help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 11:26am
LOL, you know they would never do that. :-)
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 12:26pm
Hogs should not be compared to scoops. Ever heard house music through reggae optimised scoops? I have, it's lazy. Hogs do clean fast stuff with none of the dirtyness of normal large ish chamber scoops. This IS NOT a criticism of scoops, reggae sounds great though them, they are more of an instrument in reggae today. There is however nowadays a crossover, EDM such as D&B and Dubstep has scoop friendly content, so as long as the kicks can keep up normal scoops sound good. Just not in a techno, house type environment where Hogs do fine (as well as fine in some reggae systems to taste). IMHO
It's everything, not everythink!
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 1:46pm
There was someone who measured spl of various scoops in one sitting including hog,rx18 etc.
They all came within 1-2 db spl difference. Cant find the thread.

luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by mobiele eenheid mobiele eenheid wrote:

And if you want to make me happy, show a measurement (of said scoops vs. hog's).

Wkr Johan

I dont want to make you happy that's your wifes job not mine!!
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 2:14pm
LOL
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 2:17pm
If you play them all flat then maybe. But nobody does. We play scoops to their advantage.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Hogs should not be compared to scoops. Ever heard house music through reggae optimised scoops? I have, it's lazy. Hogs do clean fast stuff with none of the dirtyness of normal large ish chamber scoops. This IS NOT a criticism of scoops, reggae sounds great though them, they are more of an instrument in reggae today. There is however nowadays a crossover, EDM such as D&B and Dubstep has scoop friendly content, so as long as the kicks can keep up normal scoops sound good. Just not in a techno, house type environment where Hogs do fine (as well as fine in some reggae systems to taste). IMHO

You are comparing chalk and cheese large chamber and small. Compare the hog to other small chamber scoops. And yes have done many house nights with small chamber scoops :) even did lovelite luton house room with large chamber scoops although that was deep soulful house with bassline as good as reggae at times!
ape3435 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ape3435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Clap, agree here Nick, it's all down to tuning and taste; I prefer to use a few more bass cabs than some and play them within their range instead of thrashing them. Hogs are hybrids and like Nick's said, should not be compared to scoops.

Edited by ape3435 - 19 November 2016 at 2:39pm
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 3:36pm
Only difference between HOG scoop & conventional Scoop is extra fold & tilted driver baffle, for larger horn mouth.

Is still a Scoop, nothing hybrid about it.

Only HOGS I have heard that I rated, are the Mitchigan Vibes 21".

Not just scaled up, but implemented with some thought, I know, as we spoke while he was drawing up plan.

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 4:11pm
If its a hybrid then what is it?? A scoop/???
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Only difference between HOG scoop & conventional Scoop is extra fold & tilted driver baffle, for larger horn mouth.

Is still a Scoop, nothing hybrid about it.

Only HOGS I have heard that I rated, are the Mitchigan Vibes 21".

Not just scaled up, but implemented with some thought, I know, as we spoke while he was drawing up plan.

Yes Ray but what music was playing through them?

@Luton yes, that's why I said medium/large chamber. Agreed small chamber can do house, as can Hogs :)

Lets not degrade this into whether it's hybrid or whatever. It's a speaker cab that is labeled a scoop that lots of reggae guys don't rate and lots of non reggae guys do

Edited by nickyburnell - 19 November 2016 at 4:56pm
It's everything, not everythink!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 5:29pm
Its not degrading you're the one who said its a hybrid lol i'd just like to know what to cabs its a hybrid of as i never realised.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>