Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

21'' HOG SCOOP desing help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 8:30pm
Same as another hire outfit. Get good results because they take 3 times the amount of stuff. Doesnt make the boxes good its just a numbers game. When they took 6sub cabs to gp it did nothing compared to us and certain other crews who have gone in with only 4. And done more damage more coverage more notes.
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
ape3435 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ape3435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 8:44pm
Luton_soundman

With all the testing and comparing that you've done it seems you're trying your best to dis-credit them; they are very good for a free plan and that's mine and others opinion, you have your opinion; stop forcing it down other people's throat sir. I use 12 outdoors year round and love em.

Edited by ape3435 - 18 November 2016 at 8:45pm
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 9:10pm
Lol you are funny. For a free plan yes they are ok'ish. Eminence alot better and thats free. I am not discrediting them i am comparing them to top scoops that half of you guys have probably never used before. You use 12 well done congrats. My observations and discoveries lead me to use 8 other scoops to achieve a better sound and more pressure and coverage in the lower frequency range than your 12. Thats how i look at sound system in effeciency. I would rather a more effecient system that allows me to take less than the average joe to achieve just as good or a better sound and more spl. Needing less equals less money on equipment, less money on more vans, less manpower, less backaches, and more time to myself before and after gigs :) some people would rather buy more boxes speakers and amps. Each to their own.

Edited by luton_soundman - 18 November 2016 at 9:12pm
ape3435 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ape3435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

Each to their own.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 9:20pm
Let me know when you too have had the top 10-15 scoops in the same hall and tested compared and a/b them all. Look forward to your post on it.
ape3435 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ape3435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

Let me know when you too have had the top 10-15 scoops in the same hall and tested compared and a/b them all. Look forward to your post on it.

Not really interested in that, prefer listening to the full audio spectrum and seeing people enjoying the music than having to listen to speakers rumbling for hours to prove which is best.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 10:40pm
Ar which exact frequency are scoops better then hogs?
Are you sure that you are comparing apples and apples?

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 11:00pm
My coat is on now and im zippin up even tho the heat is rising.
Everyone entitled to opinion, but this being a diy fourm, what's the point of dissing certain diy designs and comparing them to cabs that are not in public domain? Not really sticking up for hogs but...
I measure mine from the underneath to the tip
but some say im cheating cos they measure there's from the top to tip. I swear mine is longer.
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 11:38pm
Sorry, lowering the tone to base level again
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 11:45pm
I compared it to the eminence design which is FREE DIY PUBLIC DESIGN. GET IT, FREEEEEEE DESIGN. EMINENCE SCOOP WIPED THE FLOOR WITH IT IN ALL AREAS. its all off topic to a degree as the o.p is about a 21". But the point of the comparisons is to know what to buy or build. And i think the point of the comments regarding hog being a not very good scoop compared to many others is relevant to a degree as the 21"may be just as bad and so worth pointing out. Not sure why hog owners are crying as they didnt design them. Im not faulting the design as such jus giving an insight in to where id rank it. But what do i know about scoops anyway....carry on. Im out.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 2:39am
Off course, whenever someone ask for specific details, scoop peoples gets out of the discussions.
This reminds me of my arguments with Lev 3-4 years ago when comparing 9601 and 1850.
Wiped the floor is a very wage explanation. I am far away and have never heard any of those designs.
So bare with me and please explain how they differ. But do that scientifically because that is the only way i could really understand it. 
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 10:23am
And if you want to make me happy, show a measurement (of said scoops vs. hog's).

Wkr Johan

Edited by mobiele eenheid - 19 November 2016 at 10:24am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>