Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

15" Scoop like rectangular Tannoy G.R.F

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2015 at 7:41am
Nice woodwork Maarty.
Don't test the champignon sound
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2015 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Meat Meat wrote:

Nice woodwork Maarty.

+1 on the woodwork Maarten!

Why did you put the wool in that empty space in the cab? Or is it some kind of resonator chamber?
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2015 at 1:21pm
looking really nice!
whats with the damping in the horn path? I was under the impression that wadding should only go in the chamber.
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
Maarty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2015 at 4:08pm
If you look closer there is no wadding in the horn pass. And yes you need to place wadding in the front chamber....
Maarty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2015 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by all bass all bass wrote:

Originally posted by Meat Meat wrote:

Nice woodwork Maarty.

+1 on the woodwork Maarten!

Why did you put the wool in that empty space in the cab? Or is it some kind of resonator chamber?

I placed wadding in the empty space to stop any resonance happening.
Zeno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 9:43pm
Thank you very much Maarty for the plans!
Love your perfect work.
If I see this right your scoop gives a lot of compression to the driver. This is the same with the G.R.F in comparence with the Tannoy Autograph. The Autograph has no "throat" or "backchamber". The G.R.F gives more output an plays deeper and that while the G.R.F is much smaller than the Autograph. At least this are my personal memory many years ago. For this the Autograph delivers more direct punch. But the size is just to big.
I will build some prototype with your impulse!
I must confess that I guessed that you use a much bigger backchamber and it is more a reflex with a exponential channel.
Zeno
Maarty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2015 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Zeno Zeno wrote:

Thank you very much Maarty for the plans!
Love your perfect work.
If I see this right your scoop gives a lot of compression to the driver. This is the same with the G.R.F in comparence with the Tannoy Autograph. The Autograph has no "throat" or "backchamber". The G.R.F gives more output an plays deeper and that while the G.R.F is much smaller than the Autograph. At least this are my personal memory many years ago. For this the Autograph delivers more direct punch. But the size is just to big.
I will build some prototype with your impulse!
I must confess that I guessed that you use a much bigger backchamber and it is more a reflex with a exponential channel.
Zeno

You may find it interesting, or of help.., that the front chamber in my detail has the same volume as a grf rectangular box...

Hi Ho Silver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hi Ho Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2015 at 12:15pm
Hi Maarty, how often have I told my wife: These are the last speakers I will build...!!!
Well, now I am thinking about building your idea...
I heard some Tannoys on youtube and this demanding in authority sound struck me...
Are they still filling your room we music?
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2015 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Zeno Zeno wrote:

Thank you for the details!
F1 use a frontloaded horn up to 470Hz if I have seen this wright (RES4 I think) but just for the kick, not for sub.
Zeno 

As you say this is not a sub, but a dedicated kick, so that's 2 way bass again.
Furthermore frontloaded horns or folded horns (that are often bandpassghorns) are different from scoops that do have some cancelation when cone & horn gets out of phase.
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
mhgawel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhgawel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2019 at 11:42am
Hello Maarty,

Can you publish GRF plans once again?

Best regards,
Maciek
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12