Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I Just Ordered 12 Faital Pro 3FE25 Speakers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Just Ordered 12 Faital Pro 3FE25 Speakers
    Posted: 02 March 2015 at 12:07pm
http://www.faitalpro.com/en/products/LF_Loudspeakers/product_details/index.php?id=401000150

These speakers a very inexpensive for what they offer from a frequency response standpoint. The Le is what caught my eye (0.07 mH) which, should aid the compression driver in the higher frequency region.  The sensitivity is poor for a high frequency pro audio driver however, that can always be remedied by using more components.

Anyone had experience with the Faital Pro 3FE25 as of yet? Hopefully my 12 will arrive by the middle of the week.

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
LunchieTey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunchieTey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 2:21am
Stack them like HK elements units? Works for them ;)
Speaker addict
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 3:21am
The late Tony Wilkes used them in a 4x3" box.

http://forum.speakerplans.com/q12-system_topic67818.html
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 7:36am
They canceled my backorder on them last year, maybe you will get yours.

\
/
[
[
\
/

A tapered driven array may work best. One wiring scheme would be two series strings of three drivers, with the two strings in parallel (for a 12Ω load, assuming 8Ω drivers). This combo will handle an amplifier rated at 200W/8Ω.

The angled top and bottom drivers would have a capacitor in parallel with them to pass the HF to the center drivers (the tapered driven part).

The 2.83V sensitivity would be about 95dB.
djk
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 9:38am
UPS states the speakers will arrive today. I am planning to mate 12 Faital Pro 3FE25 with 8 Eminence Beta 10CBMRA's. I will post the measured frequency response of 1 Faital Pro 3FE25 once they arrive.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
70,s hero View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,s hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 11:13am
Hi Elliott, this looks interesting, are you trying to add a sparkle element to the high end with these?
I was thinking of adding some bullett drivers to my compression drivers to improve the top.

Cheers
Top banana
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 1:08pm

Originally posted by 70,s hero 70,s hero wrote:

Hi Elliott, this looks interesting, are you trying to add a sparkle element to the high end with these?
I was thinking of adding some bullett drivers to my compression drivers to improve the top.

Cheers

I am using them to dampen the compression driver's sound. It has nothing to do with harshness of a particular compression driver. It is just the nature of all compression drivers. I am most curious if I use a cone to cover the same frequencies as a compression driver is capable of delivering, would the sound be more appealing to the ear. I’ve conducted various tests throughout the years using cones however was always limited to around 5 kHz before the loudspeaker’s frequency response began to decline based on the Le.

The Faital Pro speakers I ordered are supposed to give me more leeway into 20 kHz. This is why I mentioned Le Parameter as it is very important. Technically, the vocals should sound better as you will have a cone covering frequencies where a compression driver is left to all the work in the mid-high region.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
70,s hero View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,s hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 2:39pm
Oh I see, hope it works out well, le... in terms of r , increases with frequency?
Top banana
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 3:03pm

Originally posted by 70,s hero 70,s hero wrote:

Oh I see, hope it works out well, le... in terms of r , increases with frequency?

It is the loudspeaker's natural low pass filter.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 4:22pm
Elliot, if you do find some differences, please post thd and csd plots.
Best regards,
Teun.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 4:29pm

Originally posted by Teunos Teunos wrote:

Elliot, if you do find some differences, please post thd and csd plots.

Okay. It will be at low levels unless I can devise a method to send a large signal in a sound card so ARTA can measure it.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
turbo7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 4:47pm
nice project. i could imagine it sounds good. i was always thinking of doing a high spl fullrange cab with about 100 small drivers 150hz up. Did someone try that ? 10 rows and 10 columns ?!

Edit: i would be careful with published response of faital in general... f. ex. the 4FE32A looks even better in the very top end and has Le of 1,17

Edited by turbo7 - 04 March 2015 at 5:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>