Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X1 Data and graphs with diferent drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2007 at 9:58pm
Whether or not the plots are exactly as the real thing, you can still tell which drivers are suitable for this type of cabinet.

CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 6:27am
What about the 21 Version X1 ????

Any one made one ? im willing got some PD 2150's ready and standing by

Edited by CHAMPION - 28 March 2007 at 6:37am
Sticks n Stones
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 12:19am
ROG I am aware that the plots are not ideal, but I used your initial driver to calibrate the software

so all the sims Do show if the drivers will work ok (T/S wise) in that design
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Mike Severloh Mike Severloh wrote:

Originally posted by Mircea Bartic Mircea Bartic wrote:

Drivers tested, ...
if you need other cones simulated in this designs , just ask

hope this helps

Hi Mircea,

it indeed does.

Personally I´d like 2 see simus of the following drivers:

PD.186, PDN.18SB40 and PD.18BR40
BMS 18n850 (will withstand 2.5 kw of power, people say)
Beyma 18G480 and 118ndw
18sound 18ND9300
B&C 18TBX100 and 18PZB100
Ciare 18.009
Selenium 18SWS1100 and 18WS600
Dayton PF460

, mainly the lightweight neodyms, and of course with cabinet parameters Rog already released.

Thanx in advance.

I'll put them in the program as soon as I have some more spare time
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Mircea Bartic Mircea Bartic wrote:

if you need other cones simulated in this designs , just ask

I heard the V18-1000 is the baddest guy on the block in this cab.

Does that mean drivers with similiar specs
(Especially BL/Vas/Xmax/Fs/Coil material) will perform similarily?

Would expedite ideal driver identification me thinks.
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
al_x View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 7:08pm
the x1 is a really brutal box!

i had no choice but to load one with an eminence sigma pro (600w) due to short notice
its possibly the worst 18" driver i have come across! the cone is made with something that resembles tracing paper.

anyway, we put 800w into it (we also put 800w into the celestion ftr 600w driver and it has been fine!) and it only last about 10-15 hours of use before making very weird farting/rattling noises. we thought it may have been the actual cab as it was newly built, but upon closer inspection, we found that the driver was f**ked!
it now has a huge tear all around the cone.

there was no apparent distortion and our amps/mixer/lms never clip.
... hopefully the 186 we picked up will cope with 800w (will it btw?)
fuzzylogic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuzzylogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 2:18am
I have four Void V-18 loaded X1's,driven with two bridged JBL MPX1200 3.2k each at four ohm's. Which ive used for a couple of dubstep nights recently,let me tell those who dont know, the power of the X1's is phenomenal and has to be heard to be beleived.They really do move serious amounts of air and in a 150 capacity club do real damage!I stick a block of two side by side with the other two on top in between 2 Martin 115's ,Phili's and 2" JBL's a side.Both times we've had complaints from the council(not good)for noise poll.The 6'x8' reinforced glass windows flex like you wouldn't believe,the streetlights outside the venue rattle ,and when i bumped into the Chef of the kitchen upstairs the next day, said all his chest freezers were moving around!!Thats another thing ,they like to mingle,spent a lot of the night pushing them back to there original positions after they had migrated onto the danefloor!I love 'em.Cheers Rog.

NEIGHBOURHOOD SOUNDSYSTEM
Infinitely baffled.

Ray666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 1:37pm
Ok i think this is the right topic - i was wondering if the l18p300 handles about 1500w + in the x1 or the driver dies?
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by fuzzylogic fuzzylogic wrote:

I have four Void V-18 loaded X1's,driven with two bridged JBL MPX1200 3.2k each at four ohm's. 

Thats the way to do it. Headroom City...

What are those MPX1200's like? They are supposed to be QSC MX3000a
in JBL clothing. Bit Old school, but I'm thinking about looking at these as well.
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
fuzzylogic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuzzylogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 9:55pm
Well I dont want to give away a good secret,but they are(in my opinion which is of no consuecence at all ,blah, blah, blah) for the money probably one of the best bargains out there,yes there made by QSC and are quite highly regarded by the profesionals (so im told)I paid £1400 for four spotless MPX 1200's with amp racks worth £200.So £300 each for 3.2K of very clean bass bin battering power.Loads of features, 30hz switchable low pass(Handy for scoops etc...)Stable down to 2 ohms... THX approved...to name a few.They were made to run the big 2x18 4685-8 TCB cabs that JBL used to make in the 90's(so im told again!Of which I have an original pair for sale if anyones interested,to f@#?ing big for me,like two X1's together and then a bit more on top!look awesome but dont deliver as well as my Void V-18 loaded X1's) Anyway I'm very pleased with there peformance.Probably very expensive when new!I was gutted to miss one on ebay that went for just over a ton very recently,apparently stuck in bridge(not a prob)but they didn't even mention the switch on the back!(maybe they didn't know about it).
Thats just between you and me right?

NEIGHBOURHOOD SOUNDSYSTEM
Infinitely baffled.

Mike Severloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Severloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 2:53pm
I´m quite sure you know already, but I got to admit the BMS 18n850 does a pretty good job in an X1.
Seems to have moderate efficiency, which lies in between the PD.186 and the big SAMMI 18" ( which sounds good but is not as loud as the others ).

All in all my X1 now is very lightweight, so I can handle this modular 4way stack alone again (the rest being smaller horns).
Mike Severloh.
the rock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 1:17pm
Hi Every one

Do you know how well a 15" works in a X1 enclosure?

Do you know the dimension of the cabinet? If you do please can you help me. I want to build one with a 15" speaker

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>