Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X1 Data and graphs with diferent drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2016 at 5:57am
So really then the V18 is truly the weapon of choice here
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2016 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by C-Audiofreak C-Audiofreak wrote:

So really then the V18 is truly the weapon of choice here

Or try to simulate a few drivers in the cab. Then try the best candidates, measure, and see if a new champion can be found.
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
C-Audiofreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2016 at 12:18am
I already have my voids so when I build the next pair I shall have a total of four void loaded X1's ought to pump some air I reckon 😊
highlander_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highlander_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2016 at 12:37pm
...then i put my voids into the new heavyweight rs-18 scoops i built and realised how wrong i had been all along............though having said that it is still slightly a toss up. the excursion in my scoops when compared in an A/B to the X1 is significantly lower - and as such i push them harder and louder, and though i actually find the sound of the scoop cleaner the X1 is meatier. overall though, the scoop goes louder and deeper. it is definitely possible that, having built the X1's in my kitchen with basic tools and the scoops in a workshop with a CNC router and every tool i could need it is possible that my build quality on the x1's is just a little shabby....
NNerdyboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NNerdyboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2016 at 10:42am
Hmmm just checked soundselect has the rcf LF18x401 for R5000,I'm thinking i can get this driver for around R4000 from mohammed at a1sound.How much power should these be feed?Is the neo version better?it has a higher BL on paper and weight reduction is welcome anytime.
C-Audiofreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2016 at 5:51pm
Be careful using anything other than the pd1850 or void v18 as this box will shred drivers with weaker cones and motors
Twiggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2016 at 8:47am
Anyone simmed an Oberton 18B500?
Twiggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2016 at 5:56pm
Thought I'd have a go myself, don't know hornresp that well but got a graph at least... doubt its right tbh

bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 1:39pm
What about Beyma 18SW1600Nd?
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 8:16am
I have 4x  RCF LF18x400 drivers.. wondering if I should make two X1 and two horns for upper range. 
Any experience about x400 in X1 bandpass?

djthunder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djthunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 12:06am
Hey Everyone!  I am a bit new here, but have built a lot of speakers in my 46 years on this earth.  Not all of them good...LOL.  I am kind of like a green belt in Karate... I know enough to get myself in trouble probably.  I have built a lot of basic Bass Reflex subwoofer cabs, but have also built a pair of Tuba30 Sub horns, and a pair of Titan48 Sub horns (Bill Fitzmaurice designs).  I loved my Titan48s, but desided to go more modular, so sold those and built 4 bass reflex cabs, about 6 cu. ft. and have been running around with those for a while (I am a mobile DJ)  Now I am starting to think I might like to find a happy medium, and move back down to 2 subs, but with more output than a standard bass reflex 18", which I know also means it will be a bit bigger. 

That brings me to my interest in the X1 design.  The recommended PA Audio SD 18 sub is a bit pricey for me though.  I am looking for some alternative options.  I know that an alternative driver would need to have reasonably similar specs.  I also understand that being an 18" cone, that cone is going to have to be strong enough to not shred under high power in this kind of box.  Similar issues were talked about in the forums for the horns I built.

I don't know how close the specs have to be, but the Celestion FTR18-4080FD looks pretty close for thiele small parameters.
https://www.parts-express.com/celestion-ftr18-4080fd-18-professional-cast-frame-speaker-1000w--294-2014

Also, I used a pair of Peavey Low Riders in my Titan 48s... given they were 15", and they stayed in good health... but the parameters are not as close as the Celestion mentioned before.
https://www.parts-express.com/peavey-18-low-rider-subwoofer-speaker--294-301

Would either of these subs work good?  I assume they would not be as ideal as the PA driver of course, but would they be worth the build? 

Anything else around that price range that would work good?

Your input would be appreciated :)

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 1:02am
The X1 is a ‘proper’ sub and you might find it doesn’t run high enough for your tops in that environment. Have you considered something like a THAM (15 or 18”) or XoC1 tapped horn?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>