Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what to do with tsw721

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what to do with tsw721
    Posted: 25 April 2015 at 8:44pm
i have 4 TSW721 in my inventory thats just eating up too much space. I cant sell them cause no one wants LF cabs that wont go lower then 50hz... I dont rent them cause they dont go low enough for my clients... I was thinking about reloading the drivers into a reflex cab but cant find the specs of the ls-2102 anywhere. is the pd2150 close enough to use the TS parameters? I can find a use for 4 21" cabs if they can hit 35hz.

so the question is does anyone have the specs for the ls-2101, and if not could i use the ones for the pd2150.

secondary question is what would you do if you had 4 and no purpose for these oversized bass bins.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2015 at 8:57pm
I do believe some one said theyre 2150 but oem versions. Why not knock up a quick box using said parameters and have a listen. You heading that way anyway...

A few hours work will make you feel alot better then a weeks worth of debate on here as to what to do.

...and you can knock together a build log and we can all see how good these driver really are :-)

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2015 at 9:18pm
Not a sollution as such but did you see this?

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=2636.0

It's everything, not everythink!
ism View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2015 at 9:38pm
your right, i forgot to mention that i know they can go lower when coupled so having more would be a solution. However im a rental company and for transportation wise the LBS per db of bass ratio is horrible. plus i don't want to invest money into these when i have 10 of my homebrew dual 18s that id rather put money into. 

I'm interested in taking a go at it soon and just build a box but im so busy lately that i dont have time to do things twice. id idealy like to get the closest TS parameters possible so i can model something with confidence. 

also ive never measured my own paramters before. is this possible? I have a repair shop so i have common testing gear and would happily invest in more if its not too expensive 

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2015 at 9:41pm
Free party lot will buy the empty cabsBig smile
ism View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2015 at 9:58pm
http://forum.speakerplans.com/dumb-question-of-the-day_topic85873.html

the ls-2101 is 600w and the 2150 is 1000w, so maybe they are the same except for the windings. seems like im going to take a crack at it soon then

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2015 at 10:13pm
Somewhat outdated but a start point in litres

http://www.precision-devices.com/file-downloads/PD-EnclosureDesignGuide-1.pdf

shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2015 at 1:52am
721s with a decent amp (ie fullrange amp) deliver massive energy below 50Hz, even @ 24dB/oct run out you are only 12dB down @ 37.5Hz

get a decent amp (PL 9.0, K10 etc) and mono block them, I don't see a set of reflex cabs giving more low end energy than 4x 721s blocked a 721 @ it's 3Db point is not crap, I've used a lot of these, for actually playing music they give more low end (particularly if you have 24 of them) than any other solution I have heard, yes I include the FK1 infra bas box in this.....
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2015 at 9:42am
Who told they won't do below 50? That's silly talk....

These are very well regarded as some of the best subs EVER made!

As for the 2150-LS discussion. The coil windings are slightly different and I do mean ever so slightly!!! The recone kit of the PD2150 WILL fit the LS21 and I have done it!

With regards to price the loaded boxes with original drivers are worth £500-£600 each. People will tell you they are not but I sold all 16 of mine for that. The drivers in good condition are worth £250-£300 each.

These boxes are good all rounders but don't really come alive until they are in piles. And then they just drop through the floor.

Edited by jacethebase - 26 April 2015 at 9:43am
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2015 at 11:38am
Originally posted by ism ism wrote:

also ive never measured my own paramters before. is this possible? I have a repair shop so i have common testing gear and would happily invest in more if its not too expensive 

Tech Note on measuring T/S parameters here: http://www.sbacoustics.com/index.php/download_file/-/view/191/

HTH,
David.

Daveswindog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveswindog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2015 at 4:09pm
TFS780L/TSW721 boxes really come to life when you've got a block of them. The response can get quite low when coupled. Make sure you're coupling the mouths together.. It might be worth buying another 4 of them to get 8 going! Pack a mean punch..
topcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2015 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by ism ism wrote:

I cant sell them cause no one wants LF cabs that wont go lower then 50hz...

I would disagree... there is actually a reasonable market for that-era Turbosound gear, it's fairly easy to shift Flash / Flood / TMS era stuff.
Trust no-one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>