Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CDJ 1000mk3 Advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukelucas93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CDJ 1000mk3 Advice
    Posted: 19 May 2015 at 1:02pm
Hi all does anyone on here service CDJ mk3 1000's ? I ended up with a broken CDJ some time ago and thought it was a the display board so I shelved it (£180 part) anyways the opportunity arose to get a second hand one cheap. Fitted it this morning and i'm having the same damn issue... basically the thing stays dead and only half of the display lights up but makes no sense it just blankly lit on one side.... So if anyone can help me out/ has worked on one of these before and understands the issue please tell me I just want to fix the damn thing !

Edited by lukelucas93 - 19 May 2015 at 1:03pm
Noodles, Cabs and Booze - Student life
service dept Steve View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 9:48am
Could be a fuse, they are on the right hand side upright board, follow the white ribbon cable. They are beige axial components 5mm x 2mm, there are 8 or 10 of them, you would need to check each one with a meter, their value is stamped on the side.
We are not "They", We are "The others"http://www.servicedept.co.uk -
lukelucas93 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukelucas93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 3:43pm
Hi Steve I will pull her apart again when I am back later tonight, you'll have to bare with me as I'm a bit of an amateur at testing stuff although I can follow instructions easily enough. Are these fuses prone to blowing ? I tested the large fuse and that was fine so I'm guessing these are micro fuses? Are they on the underside of the board ? Many thanks for the help by the way !

Edited by lukelucas93 - 20 May 2015 at 3:52pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 4:23pm
They are circuit board mounted, wire ended jobs. When you find the open one you will need to get a replacement from pioneer and solder it in, there is also a chance that one of the ribbon cables isn't properly engaged or is in not squarely. Then fingers crossed that it was a surge that blew it in the first place or you will be back to square one.
If you think it may be too much for you, you are welcome to post it down to me prior to starting work, might be cheaper for you in the long run.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukelucas93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 4:34pm
Hi Steve I have just found some time to pop it open checked the continuity of said fuses and found two that have a broken circuit, the two parts are (AEK7012) IC1502 on the board and (AEK7003) IC1513 on the board. I'm not great at following the circuit path on the schematic but in your opinion would these two stop the whole cdj from working other than one side of the screen (Pic above) ? and can I get away with shorting them (without a fuse) to test if this would be a fix or is that a truly terrible idea ?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 4:56pm
1513 (0.315a)  is the fuse for the front panel leds (not the fluorescent display though) and 1502 (1A6) seems to be to do with the controller (all dark/no unload) You can substitute the fuses for glass 20mm fast ones in a suitable holder for testing purposes if you like but I wouldn't short them out particularly as there is only a tenuous link between the two circuits that have failed. First thing I would do is to check all the cables are in correctly and there are no shorts on the ends of the ribbons.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukelucas93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 10:47am
Right I have checked all ribbon cables and inside the plugs nothing that looks like it could short, all sat correctly... I have some test fuses in the post, I don't fancy burning up £15 in pioneer fuses. I will post up here after some experimentation. I can only guess the 1502 is what has made the whole thing completely unresponsive and that the 1513 as you say has killed all front panel lights then?
 Post Reply Post Reply