Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The beginning of Bliss Soundsystem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 6:49pm
Found that a 30mm extension of outside panels to facilitate a full face grill on the tham 12, surprisingly improves the response. Have 18mm version model if you need it or can cut some for you.
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 10:37pm
I cant afford to spend more money cutting new speakers again! these are only just starting to recover build costs! 
You can't polish a turd!
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 1:58am
Originally posted by cookie-dj cookie-dj wrote:

I cant afford to spend more money cutting new speakers again! these are only just starting to recover build costs! 

was aimed at IainB cookie. Do you have correct delay settings for tops over thams by any chance?

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 18 March 2018 at 12:39pm
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2018 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by SouthwestCNC SouthwestCNC wrote:

Originally posted by cookie-dj cookie-dj wrote:

was aimed at IainB cookie. Do you have correct delay settings for tops over thams by any chance?

Currently, I do not have the tops delayed and I've messed with the delay settings for them, literally there is no point! I have promised myself to do it though at some point. It's added to the list of things to do that i will never do
You can't polish a turd!
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2018 at 1:32pm
No problem. we all have a list like that. if I get around to it first will post up the measurement.
jonny2bad4509 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonny2bad4509 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 6:06pm
I bought a 1200 myself and i my say it dosen't plays too bad
Bomeranks Sound The Party Sound
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by jonny2bad4509 jonny2bad4509 wrote:

I bought a 1200 myself and i my say it dosen't plays too bad
a 1200?
You can't polish a turd!
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2019 at 8:33pm
So over a year on from my last post on here... 
The rig is still sounding as sweet as ever! 

The Tham 12's and 8" + 1" tops have been used and abused and I still haven't put grills on everything yet LOLApprove
All amp rack equipment has been running perfect with no casualties!
The only thing I have replaced is my 2ch Ecler mixer and Denon CD decks with a Pioneer USB controller and a small Soundcraft Notepad mixing desk.

Funnily enough, I haven't used the big rig in anger AT ALL!
You can't polish a turd!
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2021 at 10:49pm
Reviving this this 2 years on…

The little Tham-12 rig has really and truly earned its keep. Still sounding great and surprises me every time it’s played.

Annoyingly one of them has developed a slight rattle, I’m not sure if one of the PD drivers is a little unhappy, or if it’s a cable rattling around in there.

Very tempted to build another 2, but it seems Southwest CNC who machined the cuts for me have moved on. 

Can anyone enlighten me on their whereabouts?
You can't polish a turd!
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2021 at 9:41am

Southwest CNC are no more……

Before they went, Jonathan built a couple of tham 12s (and a pair of 8+1” tops) for my friend on my recommendation, it took him over 11 months to deliver them after breaking one promise after another, not good and made me look bad. They were made of 18mm ply and not 15mm as specified (and as per Martinssons plans), when they did eventually arrive the paint was badly marked so had to be re-painted.

cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2021 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by APW APW wrote:

Southwest CNC are no more……

Before they went, Jonathan built a couple of tham 12s (and a pair of 8+1” tops) for my friend on my recommendation, it took him over 11 months to deliver them after breaking one promise after another, not good and made me look bad. They were made of 18mm ply and not 15mm as specified (and as per Martinssons plans), when they did eventually arrive the paint was badly marked so had to be re-painted.

It was actually me and my Tham 12 with 8” + 1” rig which started off him building them for others. He cut and delivered mine within 2-3 weeks, not long after he became an active member on here I believe. I specified that mine should be 18mm because they needed to be extra sturdy, so I think he just applied the same to everyone else’s builds.

Such a shame that he did everyone dirty like that, I didn’t get that impression from him at all over the phone or on emails! 
You can't polish a turd!
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2021 at 2:56pm
New grills are on the mids! Thanks to Markie, you did a great job - perfect fit, powder coating is flawless and smooth, better than a rattle tin can ever do.

You can't polish a turd!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>