Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The beginning of Bliss Soundsystem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2022 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by cookie-dj cookie-dj wrote:

Reviving this this 2 years on…

The little Tham-12 rig has really and truly earned its keep. Still sounding great and surprises me every time it’s played.

Annoyingly one of them has developed a slight rattle, I’m not sure if one of the PD drivers is a little unhappy, or if it’s a cable rattling around in there.

So it finally died. I think it was from over excursion when I gave it too many beans without realising I hadn't set limiters after revisiting the xover points.

What is everyones go to 12" PD driver now? I was planning on buying another PD123C01 but I am happy to try alternatives Thumbs Up

You can't polish a turd!
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2022 at 11:43am

2 stacks of this at a Hip-Hop brunch over the weekend just gone. Everyone commented on how good the sound was! 
Heavy bass, very clear and accurate mid range and surprisingly good HF for a 2” comp. 

These mini scoops really are a mixture of full scoop grunt with reflex punch and accuracy.
You can't polish a turd!
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2022 at 7:28pm
Thumbs Up
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2022 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by cookie-dj cookie-dj wrote:

[QUOTE=cookie-dj]Reviving this this 2 years on…

The little Tham-12 rig has really and truly earned its keep. Still sounding great and surprises me every time it’s played.

Annoyingly one of them has developed a slight rattle, I’m not sure if one of the PD drivers is a little unhappy, or if it’s a cable rattling around in there.

So it finally died. I think it was from over excursion when I gave it too many beans without realising I hadn't set limiters after revisiting the xover points.

What is everyones go to 12" PD driver now? I was planning on buying another PD123C01 but I am happy to try alternatives Thumbs Up

[/QUOTE
Its probably just coincidence, but I had a 123C01 fail on me. I had a pair paralleled on a bridged CA9 and one bottomed out before the other.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617