Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Translate Sound System

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2015 at 10:32am
I do already have the 186's but could be open to change in the future.

A factor for me is available power, venues will often only have a few 240v 10a sockets on one to two circuits so more powerful drivers/amps may be wasted... 

I'm not certain I can get Obteron in Oz but I will look into it, 18sound I think I can, thanks.                       
matty w View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matty w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2015 at 11:27am
Hey vertx , do you mind sharing where you get 18sound from in oz ? :D
Nice tops mate , I love the whole design concept actually , iv never heard the coax bms comps , be interesting to hear how good they get 500 -20 k to sound on correct horn .... Transient response throughout the range , frequencie response without eq and distortion artefacts ( mainly resonances ) , would be most important to me !
Black to black , red to red , blue to bits ....

cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2015 at 8:27pm
Great job!
Looks strangely familiar to my setup with the sealed 12's and separate large format horn to fit on top (considering you replied to my thread a few weeks ago Tongue)

Keep up the good work Thumbs Up
You can't polish a turd!
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2015 at 11:59am
Originally posted by matty w matty w wrote:

Hey vertx , do you mind sharing where you get 18sound from in oz ? :D
Nice tops mate , I love the whole design concept actually , iv never heard the coax bms comps , be interesting to hear how good they get 500 -20 k to sound on correct horn .... Transient response throughout the range , frequencie response without eq and distortion artefacts ( mainly resonances ) , would be most important to me !

18sound in Oz only via Thomann 50EU flat rate shipping as far as I'm aware.

For the BMS, it depends on whether you like the sound of comps covering 800hz and up. Some don't but so far they have been great on most music content bar disco at full pelt... but disco is shit anyway so who cares. They are certainly very loud ether way.

vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2015 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by cookie-dj cookie-dj wrote:

Great job!
Looks strangely familiar to my setup with the sealed 12's and separate large format horn to fit on top (considering you replied to my thread a few weeks ago Tongue)

Keep up the good work Thumbs Up

Fairly recently decided to try the mids sealed and see how they go. I guess about 5-6months back I saw the Tremor Audio build thread and mine is sort of like a budget spin-off of that system.

Edited by vertx - 17 November 2015 at 12:05pm
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2015 at 3:36pm
I'm a bit jealous of your horn cab if I'm quite honest.
The 12mb sounds lovely sealed though right hehe.
You can't polish a turd!
BP1Fanatic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BP1Fanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2015 at 9:08pm
That horn cab does look good!
waitforthedrop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waitforthedrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2015 at 1:18pm
I do love separate comp and mid boxes, like a diy reggae roast system. Do you ha e any plots, or calculations for these designs
GLA Recordings
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2015 at 9:47am
Yet to properly take measurements for these. The mids simmed in WinISD are down about 5db at my crossover point of 120hz but seems to sound OK. I like the sound of the sealed boxes so far! Further tuning in the venue tomorrow morning.
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2015 at 9:48am
Updated the first post with new image of completed system!
AlmostSalty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlmostSalty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2015 at 12:48pm
Clap looking good, congrats on the build!
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2015 at 4:35pm
^^ what he said

love the racks Jackson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>