Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Notting Hill Carnival 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj papi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 4:10am

Edited by dj papi - 02 September 2015 at 4:36am
dj papi ALL ABOUT THE BASS
dj papi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj papi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 4:24am
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Originally posted by Phil B Phil B wrote:

Originally posted by APC321 APC321 wrote:

Thanks Majestic...that is an epic fail right there! I missed it first time around !

.p.

Jeeeezee!

I've seen alot of stupid stuff lately. But you would hope someone with that much LA might be able to afford to hire someone with a brain cell!!!

Would like to say the rig you are referring to is my float. I have seen a few comments from some respected people i know on here which is very wrong and far from what is the truth. Many on here know me and I have been in the carnival game for many years so know a thing or 2. The strap u see In front of the kara is a lorry strap which can be moved to any location of the float and was not placed there by the sound company. In all fairness the strap had no specific responsibility and was there by off chance which was probably moved moments after. The sound system was efffenitly strapped and well managed by the pa company. I believe any criticism or comments about anything Should be done with all the information and facts before stating any opinion.

Edited by dj papi - 02 September 2015 at 4:52am
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 4:35am
Originally posted by dj papi dj papi wrote:

Let's put things straight that is a lorry strap which can be moved to any location of the trailer and not a ratchet strap so had nothing to do with the pa company. The strap u see had nothing to do with securing the kara . I have seen a lot of comments which have been over the top and far from the truth with little research which is pretty shocking. I think what is best is if commenting know all the facts first. At the end of day a lot of people put time and a lot of effort into these things and to be mocked is a tad embarrassing

The comments are not about the function of the strap or wether it secured the array or not.
It's about the fact that it's basically blocking all of the high frequence waveguides.

Edited by all bass - 02 September 2015 at 4:36am
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
dj papi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj papi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 4:59am
I understand that, but in all fairness being the customer who hired thy float I can assure you that the strap had no fixed responsibility and served no purpose which moved all around the truck
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 8:10am
Well you are a dj. So maybe we can let you off 😃

a good pa company would not have let the strap go there in the first place.

bit too late now anyway. The photo has travelled the world on every pa forum on facebook
Mykey Wattco
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Bryan M Bryan M wrote:

Sorry i don't have time to go into details at the moment as i have to sleep, but the sir lloyd pitch had an 87db LAeq (5 minutes) at the tree on the corner of the street, about 9m from the system.

I was system tech on this stage and was very happy with the middle ground we ended up having to run on but was a little disappointed with level we were given. We kept close to our limits and still got shut down at 1630 on the monday :-(

More details on the arc array can be found in voids catalog, these boxes are a few of the prototypes that were built for the sound clash.

B.

Level has nothing to do with how it sounded. Go and ask Rog for another answer 😃

just jesting
Mykey Wattco
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 8:25am
Originally posted by all bass all bass wrote:

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe SmokeyJoe wrote:

Whatever those curved Void speakers are I found them very harsh & middy sounding. The bass was nice, but I just found the whole system less gutsy than 2013's. It seemed to lack low mid warmth and sparkle in the top end.
Any "line array" that is only a few cabs short is going to lack a bit in the low mids. It's the nature of the beast. 
But not a line array cab with that many drivers in it
Mykey Wattco
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 9:16am
Originally posted by boots-hifi boots-hifi wrote:

Originally posted by APC321 APC321 wrote:

Those are Knets boxes he sub hires out! 

Well spotted Ben. Some great pics there Alex. You managed to miss me tho.
Aman Gebru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman Gebru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 9:20am
To be honest I don't see the strap being the main problem. In fact it probably made the system sound better ha ha.

If the truck was in motion when the pic was taken, then I hope it had no brakes.

A box full of cables and other heavy bits flying off the side of the truck at someones head is a lot more undesirable than less HF.

Aman Gebru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman Gebru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 9:22am
Originally posted by KidCreole KidCreole wrote:

But not a line array cab with that many drivers in it

Why?
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 9:24am
After a really shocking Sunday where both our generators were faulty, we managed to sort them out Sunday night and Monday morning, Monday was absolutely wicked. Here's a few pics I managed to take.

knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 9:25am
I'm using Imgur for the 1st time and have no idea why these are coming up so small.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>