Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PKN XE6000 AMP?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

I reported it to them around 3 years back, that's quite a long time to fix such a minor issue.

No UK distribution either at the time and they wouldn't even entertain us doing the fix ourselves.

I think this ties in with the time distribution switched from Church Sound to us, we've fixed several of these in the UK over the last few years.
just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
MessyM2k8 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MessyM2k8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 5:01pm
I'm not sure whats going on, i sent them an amp back about 2 years ago around Christmas time needed it before New Years Eve i had it back within 2 weeks at very little cost..
dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 5:04pm
It seems they must put out a nearly finished product and let the end users become the quality control department. Using the paying customer to discover the design faults rather than proper quality control and testing before going to market. 

I take it all PKN amps being sold in the UK now are guaranteed to be free of these known defects?
Reverence Sound system

dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 5:07pm
[/QUOTE]

Had to sort 3x XE6000 with the same issue a while back, amps had to go to Hungary and the entire repair process took over three months. At our expense.[/QUOTE]

I bet that wasn't cheap either.. 
Reverence Sound system

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 5:32pm
Well no, because they also charged for the repair work…
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 5:49pm
All this wont stop me from getting more of them when i need them. I simply love them.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 6:02pm
We have similar or better reliability record of our PKN XE racks like our Powersoft K racks in long term.

Repairs here took just few days and after the warranty period are !VERY! cheap (typically less than 30EUR).
I do not know how far is England :-) but my Austrian friends got back their serviced amp on the same week..
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 6:09pm
Viktor, i am in Macedonia. Shipping and papers cost alone is close to 200 euro to ship the amp.
I have no intentions of making carriers rich. 
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 7:22pm
I guess if you buying an amp made in another country it needs to be bullet proof reliable or they need service dept in the country of sale, otherwise its quickly going to become a very expensive amp soon as anything goes wrong..
Reverence Sound system

bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 7:41pm
always wondered about this sort of business behaviour tbh.
if a manufacturer is confident about his QC and design leading to reliable products, at any given price to cover costs long therm, i see no point in charging the customer for any fault within warranty time?!
If the product shows any issues that are not due to misuse/user error, the manufacturer should make sure to solve the issue fully on his account, no?

(if you buy a new car with warranty you could even sue/claim for you losses due to faults..)

Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Well no, because they also charged for the repair work…

I think you were unlucky, and got caught between distributors.

Any PKN we supply we would endeavour to carry out basic repairs like this in the UK.
Within the first year it would be at no charge to the customer, and in the second year with extended warranty, we would still do the repair work for free, the only cost to the customer would be to return the amp to us, which is around £10 depending on what courier you use. We would cover return delivery charge. 

We have only ever had to return 2 amplifiers to hungary which we havent been able to repair in the UK.
just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 8:25pm
Clap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>