Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PKN XE6000 AMP?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2016 at 9:59am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Very few actually. Because we do both - provide plenty of rig AND plenty of voltage headroom. Rather than tarring every act, DJ or live, with the same 'you're shit' brush.

It winds me up that people take that attitude, if you hate the source material so much and just can't be arsed doing the best job possible then don't take the business.

Controlling what goes through the system so you´re not blowing speakers every week doesn´t have anything to do with loving or hating the material. I´m a professional. People use me because they know that they´ll get a good service, never mind what´s playing. I do everything from folk festivals to raves, no problem.

I too can´t remember when I last blew a driver. Maybe 10 years ago. But I see plenty of people who come by to get stuff repaired and 90% of the time it´s using too few cabs for the job, or expecting churning bass from a 12" + 1", ie being unrealistic - or believing the inflated specs of the equipment they have.  Ouch

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2016 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

......believing the inflated specs of the equipment they have. 

So you're saying this little 15" + 1" powered speaker with a 2" voice coil on the 15 made from cheese wont actually give me 800W of thumping bass? damn... gonna have to rethink my master plan....

just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2016 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Andy Kos Andy Kos wrote:

......believing the inflated specs of the equipment they have. 

So you're saying this little 15" + 1" powered speaker with a 2" voice coil on the 15 made from cheese wont actually give me 800W of thumping bass? damn... gonna have to rethink my master plan....

No........ go for it... You could call it....wait I have it....erm......um..... Skytec!
In bass no one can hear you scream!
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2016 at 8:14pm
Skytec is already owned by leading pro audio company I'm afraid...
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2016 at 1:39pm

Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Yeah never mind that peak or program ratings have been used and are recommended by nearly everyone. Much better to just fill another truck with more boxes and never ever allow peaks...

Yes, tell that to the producers who compress the hell out of everything - and then add a dumb dj to the mix as well and you´re fücked. And btw, how many speakers do you go through each year?  LOL

Insinuating Kyle doesn't run with enough headroom, that put a smile on my face LOL

Edited by darkmatter - 10 January 2016 at 1:40pm
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 12:00pm
the pictures above appear to have expired - does anyone have the picture of the PCB/component that needs replacing for the temperature issue? and the part number it needs replacing with?

I bought an xe-4000 nice and cheap with this fault, looking to get it going again

cheers
Speaker Sol View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 12:12am
Have you contacted PKN? 
The few issues i have had, including a temp issue they where very good about fixing .

Some of my XE6000 are now coming on 10 years and still going strong! Great amps.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 8:35am
It's costly to send the amp off to PKN, I believe this mod is only 1 part (replacing SMD) so I'd like to try and get that done myself first
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 3:50pm
Its a very small capacitor that you can scrap out and solder a normal cap. 
Unfortunately i am too far away right now to be able to dig the picture of the location and cap value.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 3:54pm
Turns out it's the very same amp Shaun spoke about previously in this thread! Anyone else have the pic?
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2018 at 10:02am

It is under the amplifier board, you shall remove and add a small 100nf- 1uF (25V or more) ceramic cap which is not more thick than 2mm.

PS: Do not forget to wait at least 15 minutes after mains cable removed prior disassembling, this amp has 400VDC inside, capacitors charged! It could be very dangerous.

Edited by U.Viktor - 15 April 2018 at 10:04am
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2018 at 11:17am
Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>