Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EV P-1200 problem :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EV P-1200 problem :(
    Posted: 25 December 2015 at 4:19pm
Hi guys. I want to give this problem a shot here even if its little embarassing.

I have:

1 pcs working Dynacord L300
1pcs EV P1200 (faulty)

The EV p1200 amp was faulty channel b was glapping when turn on and off the amp.

So I decided to change the PCB board from the working Dynacord L300 to the "glapping" EV P1200.

The model of the PCB card was exactly same in these two amps.

After I tried it the amplifier either not start or it goes in protect mode directly. Then i changed back to the original PCB cards and amplifier still keeps protect-mode or limit mode or dont start up at all. So I now ended up with 2 pcs broken amplifiers :(

Is there any reset that need to be done when changing the pcb card or anyone got some tip for me?

I really feel stupid :)

geoSal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoSal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2015 at 5:08pm
Ask DjLeco,I think he is the one that can help you out with this
DjLeco View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2015 at 5:59pm
Check shorted output devices and open circuit emmiter resistors, also all flame proof open circuit resistors.
All components in red circle can fail when channel stays in protect mode. 

Leave me one PM with your email if you need full service manual.

Edited by DjLeco - 25 December 2015 at 6:00pm
I'm A Stupid SMART Romanian...
M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2015 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by DjLeco DjLeco wrote:

Check shorted output devices and open circuit emmiter resistors, also all flame proof open circuit resistors.
All components in red circle can fail when channel stays in protect mode. 

Leave me one PM with your email if you need full service manual.

I see you have uTorrent working. Are you downloading service manuals? LOL

serioussound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2015 at 7:00pm
Thanks for fast reply.

Now the issue with EV P 1200 is this:

B channel working fine.
A channel Limit light is constantly on and the music output plays but much lower then on Channel B.

Any idea?

Can I have broke someting when I switched the PCB cards? Was it a bad idea .. ? :(

M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2015 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by serioussound serioussound wrote:

Thanks for fast reply.

Now the issue with EV P 1200 is this:

B channel working fine.
A channel Limit light is constantly on and the music output plays but much lower then on Channel B.

Any idea?

Can I have broke someting when I switched the PCB cards? Was it a bad idea .. ? :(

@serioussound,

mate, first of all, do you have any experience with electronics, repairing stuff. If you don't have it, then there is no use giving you such tips. You'll make things even worse! Believe me, P1200 has high voltages (+/- 90V = 180V) and they can show you what does almighty big bang really mean. Ouch

Edited by M4trix - 25 December 2015 at 8:02pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2015 at 8:12pm
Not much experience probably I have to leave it for a professional.

But since the PCB cards was exatly same I thought it was risk-free to change.

Maybe someone could give me a hint about what happend.

/ André

M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2015 at 8:36pm
According to the schematics, those control boards (those you switched) are identical. And here goes the part where you should have some experience with using multimeter. Something is tripping the protection circuit and that could be high DC on the channel output (blown output transistors as Leco showed), output transistors went out of SOA, overheating (overloading) issue, or the main transformer's thermal fuse is open due to overheating. There is another possibility, control circuit is damaged and it's tripping the output relay, the triac and the chopper transistor (J111) on the input. I'll leave the rest of possibilities to Leco. Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2015 at 8:45pm
Okok because before switching the control boards both amplifiers working.

So the problem must occured when I switch the boards?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2015 at 8:47pm
Maybe I got the cables on the PCB card wrong and that is what caused the problems?
M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2015 at 8:53pm
Are you speaking about Dynacord L300? If yes, then it might be the problem with mixed connectors (wires). Ouch

Edit: Anyways, I'll leave it to Leco. He had some problems with Dynacord and Electro Voice amplifiers.

Edited by M4trix - 25 December 2015 at 8:57pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2015 at 8:59pm
No I talk about the P 1200.
It worked fine before switching boards. The only issue was channel b was sometimes glapping when turn the amplifier on which was really annoying :) But all led indicators was light up as it should.

And I thought to change the control board may should solve the issue ..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>