Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PAudio SD21 2000n or 18Sound 21LW1400

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 2:34am
Good choice, I would not put P Audio at the same level really.
SpeakerAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpeakerAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2019 at 10:18pm
How did the 18sound work out?  I'm in Cali and have some of the SD21's NIB I'd like to move out for a good price if you are interested in trying something else.  I can probably do around $400 each cash/local pickup.  Eminence just came out with a crazy 6" coil 21 with over 2" linear stroke also.  I should have those in stock in a few months once they are available but they are over $1000 each... You won't see them discounted as there is no room to discount unfortunately but at least by the #s it looks like the new king of the hill in pro subs.  - I just came across this post by accident when looking up info on the sd21 for someone asking about it.  Not trying to break forum rules so hopefully it's not looked at that way.  The Paudio is a nice sub but not much user info on it out there.  Ramsdell used it in their "sub engine" though and it is well received.  http://www.ramsdellproaudio.com/bp-sd21-s2
Contour View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Contour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2019 at 3:06pm
That 21 inch Eminence sounds very interesting, do you have some more info on it, preliminary specs, pictures? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpeakerAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2019 at 2:48am
here's the info for the eminence 21" and other new models.  Thing has a 6" coil and 21mm xmax  Price is $979.99 + ship and no one is gonna give you a discount on the "tour Grade" series as we make nothing on these things.  Apparently it's very expensive to produce and they wanted the pricing to be fairly competitive so they decided we just don't need to make any $ on it... Ouch lol Angry.  The 21" has it's own production area and can't be built on the line.  They told me if I could order a fair qty I may be able to get a bit better pricing so I might be able to at least do free shipping.  it's a 24x24x14" shipping size approx and about 55lbs

http://www.eminence.com/pdf/Eminence_2019_New_Product_Brochure.pdf

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpeakerAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2019 at 2:54am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpeakerAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2019 at 2:56am
hmmn, trying to add a pic of the spec sheet but this add image thing makes no sense

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2019 at 3:38am
there's a few anti-spam features here that mean brand new users can't do a few things.
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2019 at 10:02pm
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2019 at 7:46am
that will be a B&C unit that eminence are buying in then...
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
ArthurG View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArthurG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2019 at 9:51am
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

My guess is that they buy a copycat B&C frame from one of the numerous Chinese die-cast suppliers... Not very classy but money is money, a tooling for a 21" frame costs more than $30k in China. If done in US, it's much much more...

Edited by ArthurG - 20 February 2019 at 9:54am
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2019 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

I was thinking looking at those pics that yes they would be built in a seperate line to the rest of the Eminence range because that looks like no eminence frame I have ever seen before. Which is fair enough in that if you don't have the capability then why not sub-contract it, but it's definitely a departure from their previous manufacturing methods.

Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2019 at 1:01pm
21" sell very poorly so it makes sense to buy chassis from other Chinese manufacturers. If they would make the mold , they will take years to recoup the investment.

Launching a 21" speaker is a great way to attract attention after going into the shadow for the past years.
In my opinion an excellent marketing stunt and probably a decent driver too.Clap

Edited by Mircea Bartic - 20 February 2019 at 1:07pm
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>