Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hog ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 8:21pm
this issue been posted a few times, cut angle to the nearest half degree, the glue will fill any minute gap...
https://www.elements-audio.com
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 10:38pm
Thanks for confirming bee. 
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 11:20pm
I think when I drew it out there were 2 minor errors. but even if you make all cuts to plan, there fit together perfect.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2016 at 10:13am
I will admit i've found more than 2, pretty much all of the board edge angles not having a decimal place. No more than .7 of a degree but two of the worst cases this was pushing the opposing edges out by around 7-8mm. If you are redrafting for cnc, my advice would be to draft from the layout drawing dimensions initially, refer to the angles for reference but draft them in yourself. 
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2016 at 5:01pm
I drew it in auto cad a few years back, if you have a 7-8mm difference, something is wrong with your drawing. one angle was about 1.2mm out max from memory. But 7 to 8 mm I never remember it being that wrong...

Ill re draw it up later and double check.
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2016 at 5:16pm
The distance by ehich it is out greatly depends on where you start using the first angle that is incorrect. If the error right at the baffle is the largest and you take this as leading, the error can expand. Best way is to draw it up using the coordinates and then work out the angles to the precision you need. Everytime i draw up a planeith angles and i get something like xx.x degrees, i just round it to hole degrees.
When i then also use rounded panel lengths, no error can arise anywhere.
Best regards,
Teun.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2016 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

I drew it in auto cad a few years back, if you have a 7-8mm difference, something is wrong with your drawing. one angle was about 1.2mm out max from memory. But 7 to 8 mm I never remember it being that wrong...

Ill re draw it up later and double check.

Well 6mm on this one in the 398mm dim, nothing wrong with this drawing. The drawing would be better drafted to the closest half degree like you say but panel c the 8 degrees is infact 8.77 deg so a rounding issue there.

edit scrap that remark about panel c, i had included a .5mm tolerance in one of the measurements. doh! its actually 7.61 deg.

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 29 June 2016 at 10:08pm
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2016 at 11:59pm
the most out from memory was 2 degrees, so 1 degree per cut. I did not get time to re draw it to check. But ill try getting it done over the week end.
Still_alex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Still_alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2016 at 5:19pm
If i look at the measurements i can see what's wrong.
You added 6 mm to the 392mm from the front. Now you come up with 398mm. this gives you a different angle.

good luck
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2016 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Still_alex Still_alex wrote:

If i look at the measurements i can see what's wrong.
You added 6 mm to the 392mm from the front. Now you come up with 398mm. this gives you a different angle.

good luck

The 398 is a driven dimension identified by the commas i.e its generated by the geometry and not an inputted driving dimension. its there simply to show the error created by the 37 degree angle.

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 01 July 2016 at 8:25pm
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2016 at 3:28pm
Anyone advise. Looking to extend the front edges from 6mm gap to driver panel as in plan to 30mm. Would this likely alter the characteristics by much? Cheers

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 04 July 2016 at 3:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12