Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Unnamed Design by Lutkeveld (Development Thread)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unnamed Design by Lutkeveld (Development Thread)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2017 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by lutkeveld lutkeveld wrote:

New PCBs arrive 12 december. I really hope that the PCBs will pass compliance testing with the FB filter, an LC filter would be much bigger and more expensive. Maybe if they don't pass I will still sell those 8 pieces for the DIY market, they would still work well but just not within the strict limits of the CE/FCC.

Assuming they are fully operational, I'd be interested in at least a couple of the boards. I'm hoping to "standardize" on a power source using 18650 batteries for my portable audio projects and these boards look like great candidates. I'm not too concerned with CE/FCC as long as the boards aren't too noisy (EMI/RFI).
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2017 at 1:28pm
The 18650 board will pass testing no problem, it's just the all-in-one board that will have difficulty due to the minimally filtered high power amplifier output. 

Anyway: good news:
The power management and microcontroller part is confirmed to work:

Used OptiLoader to burn a 8mhz bootloader and then a cheap USBasp to upload the program. Now that all individual parts of the PCB are confirmed to work: onto full assembly of both the all-in-one board as well as the 18650 board
Padde298 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padde298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2017 at 1:42pm
Good news this close to Xmas is certainly positive! Looking forward to buying a few boards in 2018.
Merry Christmas to you Lutkeveld...
LOUDER!!! MO BASS
Brummiejon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brummiejon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2018 at 12:02pm
Hi Lutkeveld
I may be interested in these... can you tell me the main advantages that they may have over the C-amp.... (I know that the C-amp has solar controller and battery management but I'm interested in the amplifier itself)
Thanks
BJ

The 18650 board will pass testing no problem, it's just the all-in-one board that will have difficulty due to the minimally filtered high power amplifier output. 

Anyway: good news:
The power management and microcontroller part is confirmed to work:

Used OptiLoader to burn a 8mhz bootloader and then a cheap USBasp to upload the program. Now that all individual parts of the PCB are confirmed to work: onto full assembly of both the all-in-one board as well as the 18650 board
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 11:18am
This one has on board DSP which means no external passive crossover and much more advanced functions like dynamic bass boost and psycho acoustic filters. It also has bluetooth. 

The prototypes are working and I have been talking to board houses to get production rolling. Still no clear timeframe however.

Brummiejon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brummiejon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 11:33am
I want one... or two
Padde298 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padde298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 11:36am
+2
LOUDER!!! MO BASS
Aterren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aterren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 3:18pm
Looks fantastic.  One question, how many channels of amplification?   From the looks of it it could be 4 — if the tweeter and woofer share a common ground terminal on the speak/PWR header. 

This one has on board DSP which means no external passive crossover and much more advanced functions like dynamic bass boost and psycho acoustic filters. It also has bluetooth. 

The prototypes are working and I have been talking to board houses to get production rolling. Still no clear timeframe however.

Shortrope View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 6:33pm
I'll take one too!
My Tinnitus is coming along nicely!!
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:05pm
Great to see continued progress on this. Any RMS/peak limiting in the DSP? A link to full DSP features if possible would be great.
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 11:32am
DSP options include:
- Up to 5 biquad filters per channel (LPF, HPF, BPF, notch, shelf etc)
- psycho acoustic bass enhancement, 
- dynamic bass enhancement, 
- dynamic limiters 
- smoothclipping
- channel mixing (left, right, stereo or mono)
Padde298 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padde298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 1:30pm
If for nothing else, I want this board for the DSP capabilities only..! Any indication as to when it will be for sale?
LOUDER!!! MO BASS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>