Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Unnamed Design by Lutkeveld (Development Thread)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unnamed Design by Lutkeveld (Development Thread)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padde298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 1:32pm
๐Ÿ‘Œ

Edited by Padde298 - 11 May 2018 at 1:33pm
LOUDER!!! MO BASS
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 9:49am
Update time!

There were some delays in development, there are still some things left to do but all big issues have been fixed. 

For example; 
-BT volume was limited to 20%, fixed by disabling AVRCP protocol
-Microcontroller can't communicate with BT module, fixed by lowering baud rate to 9600
-BT/wired does not switch automatically, fixed by using a switched 3.5mm connector. Plugging in the 3.5mm jack disables the bluetooth stream and switches to aux input.

Main issue left is downloading custom DSP settings to the chip at startup.

Here is a picture of the lastest working prototype including the cable harness:

User interface is kept very simple. Rotary encoder acts as both volume knob and switch. Short press is power on/off. Long press enters pairing mode. 

In the microcontroller software two parameters can be set: battery voltage full and battery voltage empty. LED is green during normal operation, red if battery is below 35% and the system will shut down (<50uA) if battery is considered empty.

Idle battery consumption at low volume at 12V is around 45mA, which gives 100+ hours battery time on a regular 7.2Ah lead acid battery. This is the total power consumption (DSP, amplifier, microcontroller and BT module). 

Some of the fixes require a layout change, so I ordered a new panel of PCBs. If everything goes to plan those will go to some early adopters. 

Padde298 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padde298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 9:57am
Looking good!
LOUDER!!! MO BASS
Brummiejon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brummiejon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2018 at 6:53pm
I would like to be an early adopter please...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brummiejon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2018 at 6:55pm
one question that I do have is that what is the advantage of your design over the marvellous C-amp?
Shortrope View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2018 at 6:59pm
Where is that C-amp available?
My Tinnitus is coming along nicely!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brummiejon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 6:44am
I got one from Canopy Sound
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 9:39am
@Brummiejon and others who are interested in being a beta tetser, please send me a DM if you're serious.

The two big advantages are:
-DSP, making a passive crossover redundant in most setups and enabling complex filters such as smoothclipping and dynamic and psycho acoustic bass enhancement
-Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming

There are some smaller pro's such as the volume knob (rotary encoder) and higher possible output.

Pro's of the cAMP are integrated battery charger and 5V output. This module also has a charger input, but it needs a real charger (not a PSU). 
hollan43 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollan43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2019 at 11:01am
Hello Luke, 

Checked out this topic in the past and i'm in the market for a new build. The Amp that you're developing caught my interest. What's the status on it?
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2019 at 7:55pm
Yes, I have made a lot of progress, but quite some things have changed. The hardware part is finished, the main challenge now is setting up manufacturing and finalizing software.

A preview of one of the prototypes up and running:

Current specs:
-4x38W, 2x38W+1x68W or 2x68W class-D (software configurable)
-BT4.2 APT-X
-DSP with 10 general biquads and 5 biquads per channel
-Configurable with a Windows application which communicates via a simple serial adapter.

Can't tell much more right now. I will do a full update in about 2 months.
Padde298 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padde298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2019 at 8:13pm
Still looks awesome...๐Ÿ˜Š
LOUDER!!! MO BASS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brummiejon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2019 at 10:38pm
Looking great
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>