Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Unnamed Design by Lutkeveld (Development Thread)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unnamed Design by Lutkeveld (Development Thread)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2020 at 7:19am
This is awesome. Is there any chance this couod be linkable with a second unit for stereo use if you buy two?

Im looking to build a pair of portable speakers but I want them to ne able to operate in stereo. Or is that asking too much? =p
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2020 at 12:42pm
Yes, you can link them wirelessly in a master/slave configuration with TrueWirelessStereo.

If you connect your mobile with one of the speakers, press the TWS button on both, they will link and music will play from both.
Monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2020 at 8:53pm
Amazing! And it will play in L-R stereo? 
Monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2020 at 9:23pm
One more question. So am I understanding correctly that the maximum output of any 1 channel is 45w (rms?)? Is there any possibility that you might produce a unit with say 2 x 100w channels and 2 x 45w channels? Would allow for some extra oomph for 2 way hi-low projects =)
Shortrope View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2020 at 6:33am
It does that aready. 
I have one, it’s brilliant. 
Check the spec sheet here. 
My Tinnitus is coming along nicely!!
Monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2020 at 7:05am
Right so the channels are bridgable I guess? So either 4 x 35w or 2 x 70w bridged? That's bloody marvelous. Shut up and take my money
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2020 at 1:31pm
4x 45W or 2x 90W, yes :) Or 2x45W + 1x90W for a 2.1 setup.

You can change the output configuration in the software. The tools also shows how to wire the speakers if you want to combine two channels to one.

Edited by lutkeveld - 26 January 2020 at 3:37pm
Monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2020 at 9:45pm
This is perfect! Ill be ordering a pair of these 100% =)
Xoc1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xoc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2020 at 9:44pm
Hi Trying to get some understanding of the available power from the AIO4CH board
Looking at the spec sheet
It says that power output is
4 channel class D amplifier (configurable as 2.0/2.1, similar music output power to the TPA3116
So looking at the TPA3116 spec
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tpa3116d2.pdf
 The audio output would be in a bridge mode as standard making the most of a single voltage rail supply. combining the channels is done in Parallel Bridge mode Hence the quoted doubling of output power.
As the outputs are running off a low voltage supply the maximum output power is realised by using lower impedance speakers
Spec curves say with
0.1% distortion Bridge Output BTL

8 ohms -12 V BTL = 8 W
4 ohms -12v BTL 16W
8 ohms  - 24V BTL = 34W
4 ohms - 21V BTL = 50W

Paralleled Bridge output PBTL

In parallel mode the chip can drive down to a 2 ohm load but output voltage is the same as in normal BTL mode so power increases are shown from using a lower impedance speaker.
Graphs are shown for a 3ohm load
This looks good for optimum output with a 24V supply

And a 2 ohm load

At these speaker loads the output needs to be limited. 21v PBTL 2 ohm = 100W

Is the limitation by using a lower voltage or would the software allow for limiting of the output?

I think a bit of clarity here will help users to get the best out of these class D amps.

93perezk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93perezk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 12:47am
I had following this project for a couple years, it looks pretty good and I'm really interested in get one of this when its last version come out. 
Congrats Lutkeveld for that unique design, well done.
Monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2020 at 9:24am
Could someone advise how I would go about powering the AIO4CH with a 24v battery (2 x 12v in series) and also then charging the 2 x 12V batteries?

Looking at the manual it appears there are 2 power inputs, one called PSU and the other called CHG (presumably short for charge?).

I am assuming that the PSU input is where you connect the 24v battery, and the CHG inputs are where you wire the supplied power connector (which appears to be a standard power connection socket)? I would then assume that connecting a suitable 24v battery charger to through the power connector would supply power to the unit as well as charge the battery.

Is that correct? It seems too simple..
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2020 at 3:50pm
@Xoc1

The chip that is used is the TAS5825M, a next generation device of the TPA3116 with integrated DSP. Music output power is similar to the TPA311x, with lower THD+N. However, for pure sine waves the TPA has more power, due to a higher thermal limit.

You would indeed limit output power by using a lower voltage, or lowering your maximum volume in the tool.

@93perezk
With the latest version you mean the speaker design as a whole? Because the amp itself is in its last version :)

@Monkeys
It is too simple, but you are right :) Just be careful with 2x12V batteries because they are 27.6V fully charged, which is higher than the 26.4V absolute max. If you limit your charge voltage to 26V, (13V per pack, using about 90% of the capacity), it would work. 

Also be sure to set the low power and shutdown power voltage. Then you can see when its almost empty (status LED = red), and it will shut down when the battery level is too low, preventing damage.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>