Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Unnamed Design by Lutkeveld (Development Thread)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unnamed Design by Lutkeveld (Development Thread)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2020 at 10:17pm
That's great to hear that the charging is so simple =)

A little disappointing to hear that it doesn't easily handle 2 x 12v batteries as a '24v source' due to excessive voltage, but it sounds like it should be workable still.

What would be likely to happen to the unit if one were to power it with 28.4v? Would it just be likely to fry the unit straight away? Or would it only fry the unit if the amp channels were pushed to their maximum, exceeding the current handling capacity?
Monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2020 at 5:36am
Would one of these 22.2v LiPo batteries be suitable to run the AIO4CH? The maximum charge voltage is only 25.2v, so should be well within the limits of the AIO4CH and still provide enough voltage to almost reach full channel output.

https://www.banggood.com/ZOP-Power-22_2V-8000MAH-30C-6S-Lipo-Battery-XT60-Plug-For-RC-Quadcopter-FPV-p-990752.html?cur_warehouse=CN#jsReviewsWrap

And would connecting a LiPo battery charger such as the one below via the CHG port pose any issues?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lithium-Ion-Battery-Charger-Li-ion-LiPo-6S-21-6V-22-2V-25-2V-2A-Wall-Socket-ACDC-/321751878865
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 12:02pm
@Monkeys
Anything above 26.4V risks frying it, regardless of volume level.

6S is possible with that charger, just be sure to use a protection board with lithium. If you use a 5S battery you can use the BMS345 protection board (zoudio.com/product/bms345)
Monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2020 at 11:21am
Question:

What, if any, external wired signal sharing capacity does the Aio4CH have? I know it has an Aux input, but is there any way to have an Aux (or any other connection type) output?

For example if the device is receiving signal via Bluetooth and I wanted to link that signal to another powered speaker, is there any way to do that? Or is it only connection via the TWS bluetooth to another Aio4CH?

Don't tell me that the Aux input doubles as an output, that would be too perfect if it does haha.
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2020 at 4:15pm
TWS is the easiest way.
If you only need wired coupling, you can split the analog signal to both speakers.

If you also want to share the BT signal you would have to use I2S:
I2S -> convert to analog -> to other speaker -> convert to I2S

This should be possible, but I dont guarantee it.
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2020 at 9:40am
Hi, how is it looking for orders? given the situation, can you guess a wait time if i put in an order for the amp module now?
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2020 at 2:58pm
Orders that are placed now are expected to ship out in 3 weeks :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678