Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

beyma cd10fe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 4:53pm
For the price, the CD10Fe is an excellent comp driver, and yes I agree, needs very little EQ to sound nice.

I'm not aware of another driver at the same price point that beats the CD10Fe.
just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 5:23pm
I love them. And yes if you do close listening with same material AND SAME SLOPE you can tell that 1.4 is no good and 1.6 is. Well I can. Straw camels back, blah
I have CDX1745 at moment, crossed 2.2k, they are sweet but the Beyma seems to have that, "big boy" sound rather than just being a tweeter.
It's everything, not everythink!
jerronimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerronimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 1:02pm
Cross them at 1K5 at the moment, sounds sweet!
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 1:08pm
I prefer them a little higher myself, but it does depend how hard you drive them. At low power levels 1k6 - 2k is fine, at higher power levels I find it a little abrasive and need to crossover a bit higher.

just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
mailk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mailk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2017 at 9:28am
Hello Guys!

I'd like to build a pair of mid-top cabinets 120Hz and up.
I have two Beyma 10M250 drivers and im looking for a budget compression driver that would pair nice with the 10M250.

I was looking at the cd10Fe, crossing them around 2k-2,5k, but i fear that it will do poor at the real high frequencies.

My other choice would be the Beyma CP-25.
I saw cabinets built with them (Dare Audio Micro-10, the old ones), but i never heard one.

I dont know which would be the better choice.

Please help if you have any experience with them!
krazyneil View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2017 at 1:16pm
hi
I would go for the cd10 over the cp25 personally
if your not set on beyma then also look at B&C DE12 from 2.2hz up around the same price as the cd10 and very sweet comp driver
also BMS 4524 another option

Edited by krazyneil - 22 October 2017 at 1:17pm
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12