Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powersoft X4 real power

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kipman725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2022 at 9:50am
Having read the production partner review I agree with Line array its not suitable for all channel subwoofer use and marginal for any subwoofer use.  "15 min endurance test with = 4 × 500 W/4ch RMS (12 dB CF) Passed, but power reduced to 270 W per channel after 15 min. Temp 63°C".  In general 40mm fans move 1/5 of the volume of air in a given time compared to 80mm fans so the cooling of the X4 is compromised severely.  The one I really want to see if the X4L...  

Line Array View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Line Array Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2022 at 6:51am
Dynacord uses four 80mm fans and 20 pounds worth of extruded heatsinks in an amp with the same power rating as the X4

yes the Dynacord is class D SMPS like the X4

in fact it is about equally as advanced overall

it just doesn't think that thinner and lighter is more important than proper cooling 

i would bet the Dynacord has at least double, probably quadruple the long term sinewave power of the X4

do you need it ?

maybe not ... but if they both cost the same ...

Edited by Line Array - 11 April 2022 at 6:53am
best place on the internet >>>

https://dissidentsound.discoursehosting.net
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2022 at 7:03am
They dont. Dynacord is around 100% more expensive, infact i pay significantly less for a X8 than I would for the dynacord IPX 20:4. And i hold trade accounts for both.

The powersoft also have significantly more advanced power supplies ( at these power levels, multi-phase operation is a big advantage) and to my ears at least sound preferable.

Equal price point comparison would be between the dynacord and powersoft X4L, and thats a very different beastie….

Edited by csg - 11 April 2022 at 7:10am
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 3:44pm
So can one say the X4L can drive 4x https://www.bcspeakers.com/en/products/lf-driver/21-0/1/21ipal . 
Would be an awesome game next level sound system lol 
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 6:53pm
The Ipal is to be used with the ipalmod module to reach their potential.
Using it without is just a waste imho. You could better get some NSW6021 in that case.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324