Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powersoft X4 real power

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 24>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 12:10pm
I am sure that 1 x X4 consumes alot less electricity than say 2x 5002vz's. Isn't that one of the big sales points ? I would much rather carry 5.5mm cables that 8mm cables. If the punters are happy. What does it matter. It's the future like it or not. That is why Toasty is printing money. He is state of the art. I guess.
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 2:19pm
It may use less electricity but it won't be an enormous amount less. It'll have a basic efficiency rating like any amp and I doubt it's more than a typical high efficiency Class D amp - the peak management system may even make it a bit less efficient.
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 3:05pm
Difficult to compare with 5002VZ due those Macrotechs have very poor power factor while the X4 is good in this field.

the sustained power capability of X4 CAN NOT reach bit more than half of 5002 because the power supply delivering just 2500W or less in long term..
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 1:47am
But still the X4 can deliver in the field.. 
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 10:22am
It might be the future, but it's not for everyone. Some of us like the truth.
It's everything, not everythink!
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 10:31am
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Totally Nicky, no disputes on power when we mention CA18s  Smile
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 10:38am
It's like a toilet. Sure, if you hold the handle down for longer than 5 seconds the water flow won't be great, but for the rest of time where you hold it down 2 or 3 seconds the water flow is fantastic

(Time windows above to be scaled down as appropriate, but I think the analogy still stands)

Oh and I picked this lot up on Friday so you can't call me a lightweight fanboy either

Edited by spongebob - 14 January 2018 at 10:44am
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 11:12am
Originally posted by spongebob spongebob wrote:

It's like a toilet. Sure, if you hold the handle down for longer than 5 seconds the water flow won't be great, but for the rest of time where you hold it down 2 or 3 seconds the water flow is fantastic

(Time windows above to be scaled down as appropriate, but I think the analogy still stands)

Oh and I picked this lot up on Friday so you can't call me a lightweight fanboy either

About bloody time buddy :)

nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 11:58am
Slightly off topic but still on with the power thing, has any one ever benched an mc2 E100?
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 12:51pm

The truth is that you aren’t playing sine waves for multiple minutes at a time and a bench test into a non speaker load isn’t real world.

Oddly enough, with the music tests, the X4 matches or even beats other high end 4 ch DSP amps including the Linea, the Lab PLM etc. Just get Production Partner and see for yourself. I guess they can’t buy any PKN 4 ch, same as the rest of us... keen to see the XTA APA results.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 2:37pm
I have a question to all of you that say X4 is not good.
Have you used one at all?
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

The truth is that you aren’t playing sine waves for multiple minutes at a time and a bench test into a non speaker load isn’t real world.

Oddly enough, with the music tests, the X4 matches or even beats other high end 4 ch DSP amps including the Linea, the Lab PLM etc. Just get Production Partner and see for yourself. I guess they can’t buy any PKN 4 ch, same as the rest of us... keen to see the XTA APA results.

I know Toasty, fine, get it. But you cannot advertise otherwise and be called honest. It does not need to sustain, granted, but then the advertising needs to say so as the old school big boys can (sustain), ergo it is pulling the wool over the eyes of the un-tech type IMHO.  Way of the world.
Also a sodding big part of me thinks all this SMPS is for the benefit of the manufacturers in the long term.
 Anyhow I ain't at the forefront and you are so I bow to the fact it does it's job, would love to hear your stuff a + b powered by CA18 v Powersoft though, or the RC1 on CA v PS.   Would be very, very interesting.Yin Yang
It's everything, not everythink!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 24>