FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Golden scan 2 to led

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Golden scan 2 to led
    Posted: 08 January 2023 at 11:33am
True James, I managed it by removing the mahoosive transformers!
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2023 at 5:41pm
It's cooling you need to pay attention too, heat sink plus fans and COB can be done, heat is the killer. 
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2023 at 3:39pm
Thanks for the directions. the idea is mostly about saving weight, they will get only a few hours of use every year so in that view digging up some old stock lamps is cheaper and less hassle
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2022 at 11:26am
There's several places to get COBs from... but watch out for garbage ones, which are usually cheap and don't last long. Try the usual suspects like CPC, Farnell, RS etc.
I started, some years ago, to convert some Abstract Galactic Moons and three of the four 50W COBs I got have already gone. Gave up after that.
But there are lots of non-grow-your-own videos on YouTube. One to look for is BigClive who shows why cheap COBs (and LEDs) aren't worth the hassle.
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2022 at 10:00pm
Digging up an old post but i suddenly woke up with 4 goldenscan 3’s in my shed (which is now completely stuffed with obsolete gear) from which 2 are in a semi-operational state.. lots of diodes and driver ic’s are going to be tested and swapped :). Has anybody got any leads on available cobled-boards to replace the HMI’s? When i start googling i end up on rather sketchy led-diy grow your own plant-sites..
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by montarbo montarbo wrote:

Hi Steve,
do you still have you LED Goldenscans?
I still have some Superscans left in my warehouse, couldn't give them away.
An LED mod might bring them back to business.
What LEDs and Optics did you use?

He hasn't logged in since December 2018.
montarbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montarbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 2:53am
Hi Steve,
do you still have you LED Goldenscans?
I still have some Superscans left in my warehouse, couldn't give them away.
An LED mod might bring them back to business.
What LEDs and Optics did you use?
Steve20131 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve20131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2016 at 1:49pm
No time the 500w is here Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve20131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2016 at 10:06am
Had an idea of complete dismantling,  the shells dipped and coated,  pcb's checked, flowed and any excess metals cut off...oh and replacing the low power transformer with smps...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve20131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2016 at 8:00am
Thanks Smile getting there slowly
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2016 at 11:06pm
the led looks sharper with far less colour bleed. looks good.
https://www.elements-audio.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve20131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2016 at 7:42pm
The others will all be 300w and the gs3 500w but externally water cooled,  now waiting for parts.  I tried the 200w just for a test.  While moving them out the led version is way lighter!! a one man carry with the head on 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>